PDA

View Full Version : DSR6000 + 25xtreme reboot loop

kitatali
02-24-2002, 01:28 AM
I just got my DSR6000, installed 25xtreme.iso by Surgeon. Several downloads. Several install to 30 GB Quantum, or 80 GB seagate, or 40 GB maxtor. Only goes further with the 30 GB Quantum. Unit boots, shows Powering Up....wait for a few more seconds...poof...reboots...starts over again....and again....

Original unit has 2 drives, A - 30 GB Quantum fireball. B - 15 GB Quantum fireball.

Anyone has a clue?

Thanks....

-Kitatali

BubbleLamp
02-25-2002, 01:34 AM
How did you install Xtreme? It sounds like you copied the iso file onto your drive. You need to burn a bootable CD from that iso file.

I'm not trying to knock you, just want to be sure we're on the same page.

kitatali
02-25-2002, 03:33 AM
I put it in a CD (actually I made 3 separate ones from 2 sources, xtreme-emu and abs.net) but both have the same effect. Followed Surgeon's instruction and I was able to successfully finish the 2.5xtreme restore. I was able to restore to a 30GB Quantum drive. One try is just a 25xtreme restore where I didn't ran the TivoMad or TivoBless since I just want to start with a single drive, and the other is run TivoMad but not TivoBless.

The 25xtreme restore only, will go further. It would upgrade the PROM (the one with the large TIVO icon), reboot, then shows powering up..., wait a few more seconds...hard drive grinds more...then poof, reboots, shows powering up...a few more seconds...then reboot again.

When I select to run TivoMad anyway even on the 30 GB drive, it just hangs on powering up or power up then reboots after a few seconds and goes in this loop.

This is where I was stuck. It has been about 15 restores already using different bak files, or other xtreme file like for the T-60 or the Hughes but I have no luck.

Thanks for the reply and help.

- kitatali

raym
03-01-2002, 04:56 PM
I got the same thing... I had used just my original A drive and did the 2.5Xtreme and it booted wonderfully!! Then I used max to bless the new drive... it was successful. But when it boots, it just keeps rebooting.

iamskywalker
08-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Has anyone solved this problem?

I am getting the same thing with my t60 with installing 25xtreme. I get a powering up loop. It just keeps resetting.

Any thoughts?

I am going to try another version of 25xtreme, but want to make sure that is the problem before I take everything apart again.

Thanks,

Luck

GREEK
08-15-2003, 06:00 PM
you can try to edit the boot paramaters. In the directivo forum there is a thread about the loop. Superzap answered that one. If not I wrote about the parlex ribbon cable. Check these out and then post back if not fixed.

beaviskob1
08-25-2003, 08:55 PM
Just did a fresh install 2.5 on factory quantum . Wham reboots ,tried cable, etc . But then read about hdparm ,took cover off for that and noticed no reboot , :) Mine is a heat issue !
Fan turns but slow maybe hdd going south.

stoneg
01-23-2004, 03:06 AM
you can try to edit the boot paramaters. In the directivo forum there is a thread about the loop. Superzap answered that one. If not I wrote about the parlex ribbon cable. Check these out and then post back if not fixed.

Holy crap! I was about at the end of my rope with a DSR6000....I had tried different drives, jumper settings, images, boot parameters, you name it. I saw your post about the paralex cable and didn't think much of it. As a last ditch effort I decided to plug the fan back in and give the cable a nudge at both ends. Powered up and booted perfectly! Just to check, I unplugged the fan, and it stil booted....must have been the cable. What a pain. Thanks for the post!!