PDA

View Full Version : 25xtreme help

avcmret
02-24-2002, 01:14 PM
I have downloaded 25xtereme from two locations including the one recommended here. Both times the cd was burned and it booted. I push ENTER at the boot prompt and ENTER at the TBD login.
My problem is that when I enter the command 25xtreme it comes back COMMAND NOT FOUND. looking through the CD contents I dont find 25xtreme except some file in the /live/bin directory. I do have to admit I know nothing about LINEX.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

avcmret
02-24-2002, 04:15 PM
Played around some more and discovered that I had to disconnect my second CDRW drive. I then got a write error on the TIVO drive and found that I had to remove the jumper from the back. Everything is working fine now.

cali
02-24-2002, 07:50 PM
boot section.

I burned the iso using dj and adaptec , but when I try to boot it starts to uncompress the first .img file and my PC reboots,
I have tried with 3 different drives ranging from Mater alone, to master/slave, and even with my original tivo drive.....

is it possible to have a bad copy of extreme?

BubbleLamp
02-24-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by cali
boot section.

I burned the iso using dj and adaptec , but when I try to boot it starts to uncompress the first .img file and my PC reboots,
I have tried with 3 different drives ranging from Mater alone, to master/slave, and even with my original tivo drive.....

is it possible to have a bad copy of extreme?

It could be a bad copy, but it also might be due to not enough RAM.

cali
02-24-2002, 08:11 PM
think 768MB DDR is enough? :) I think so....I am downloading another copy to try.

EDIT:

Ok still have the same problem....as the cd is loading the first .img file my pc reboots.....tried 3 diff cd same thing...even took out some ram.

Running athlon 1.33G, 768MB ram, Biostar MB.

If anyone has any ideas or has run into this before, i'd appreciate some guidance. :)

Cali

cali
02-25-2002, 10:05 AM
for some attention

keith721
02-26-2002, 06:28 PM
some mobo/chipset/bios don't handle it well, if you've got too much memory. just for grins and giggles, trim it back to 128 or 256 meg, and see if that cures the problem. heck, you've already got the machine open, and it's just a DIMM anyway, right?? worst case, it doesn't help; better case, it actually works. ;)

good luck...

cali
02-26-2002, 09:24 PM
STILL NO GO.
I even tried a diff CD ROM drive and nada...so I gave up and took it to work where I did it.

When I get done with the script stuff on my tivo I will get to the bottom of this...... I can load redhat on my system fine from a boot cd...so its got to be a compatibility issue with the linux on the xtreme cd.

Thanks though

Cali