PDA

View Full Version : multiple receivers / remotes

daa
02-26-2002, 05:59 AM
Does anyone know if the Philips 2.5 software supports codes for having more than one remote control? I'd like to have a Philips unit and a Hughes unit in the same room, both running 25Extreme, and control each with a separate remote. Is that possible?

cokekid
02-26-2002, 10:41 AM
I imagine this is impossible (Tell me if I am wrong) but the philips and the hughes are basically the same model (just different case)... So I imagine the controller is the same for both.. If you try to change a channel on the hughes, it will change on the phillips...

BubbleLamp
02-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Set the remote codes to different numbers for each one and you should be fine. It's in setup somewhere, not in front of my TV at the moment. You basically go to the screen, press and hold 2 buttons, then press a number to set the code. Cover the IR receiver of the other unit when doing this or you'll set them both!

groundhog
02-26-2002, 08:15 PM
Systems Information. Hold down "Pause" and "Tivo" when led lights up press the code you want the tivo to change to. You have now changed the code in the remote & in the tivo. Once each tivo is set, you change the code in the remote the same way, but by covering the remote Led, to make sure that it doesn't change the tivo again....

Set the code(in the tivo) to anything but zero. Zero is universal and any tivo remote will work a tivo with a remote addy of zero. So...if you have two tivos in the same room, change both of them. Don't just change one, because the one that is still set to zero will continue to accept the codes from the remote when you are using it for the other tivo.

O.K. I'm sure all of that was crystal clear right? ;)

TheBigDog
02-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Systems Information. Hold down "Pause" and "Tivo" when led lights up press the code you want the tivo to change to. You have now changed the code in the remote & in the tivo. Once each tivo is set, you change the code in the remote the same way, but by covering the remote Led, to make sure that it doesn't change the tivo again....

Set the code(in the tivo) to anything but zero. Zero is universal and any tivo remote will work a tivo with a remote addy of zero. So...if you have two tivos in the same room, change both of them. Don't just change one, because the one that is still set to zero will continue to accept the codes from the remote when you are using it for the other tivo.

O.K. I'm sure all of that was crystal clear right? ;)

I tried it and changed the remote address to 2 (which shows on the system info screen), however, my tivo remote can STILL control another tivo system that has the remote address set to 1. Am I missing something here?

kelsky
02-02-2005, 01:03 AM
I set the code on each unit and verified the code in the system info section, but either remote still controls the units. Must be another step missing.

goony
02-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Try these instructions: http://www.9thtee.com/tivotips.htm

captain_video
02-02-2005, 09:04 AM
You could also try reading the manual that came with the Tivo. The instructions for setting the remote with multiple Tivos is provided there.

arthur
02-02-2005, 09:21 AM
I set the code on each unit and verified the code in the system info section, but either remote still controls the units. Must be another step missing.

Don't use code 0, it controls all tivos
Don't use the other remotes, while you are in System Information Screen on Tivo, they reset the remote code to whatever they are set to.
Outside that you shoudln't have any issues.

captain_video
02-02-2005, 11:43 AM
That's correct. You'll need to block the IR windows on the Tivos you are not changing or you will end up changing all of them simultaneously and be right back where you started. You can also place the other Tivos in standby or shut them down entirely. It's a good idea to use the front panel controls to access the system information screen rather than using the remote as the remote may still interact with the other Tivos until you set the new code.