PDA

View Full Version : Need DSR6000 DirecTivo 2.0 software image!

raym
02-28-2002, 10:10 AM
I just recently started to hack my Tivo, and did not get a backup of the image before it upgraded to 2.5. What should I do? Does someone else have a 2.0 image for a DSR6000 single drive directivo?

groundhog
02-28-2002, 04:36 PM
You should still be able to back it up, add a drive, etc. If you want to add bash, or do upgrades beyond increasing recording capacity, then you need to flash the prom. There are two ways to flash the prom. One involves restoring to 2.0, so you would need to find a backup. The other way is to install 2.5extreme. Extreme is the easiest way to go(and comes with bash, joe, etc).

So to summerize:
- if you want to add recording time, your fine & don't need to download an image.

- if you want to hack the hell out of it, download 2.5extreme.

raym
02-28-2002, 05:47 PM
I know this probably a stupid question, but I can not seem to find 2.5xtreme for my DSR600. I tried searching the threads, but there are too many to go thru. Does anyone know of a quick link or a thread to get me started.

BubbleLamp
02-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Try here (ftp://ftp.abs.net/tivo/Backups/).

raym
03-01-2002, 09:57 AM
I found the version I need for my DSR6000... thanx for the help. Oh, also, does the 2.5Xtreme erase the stored shows on my "A" drive when I install it? It says that it will rewrite the data on the drive, but I'm not sure if it means the stored shows as well.

groundhog
03-01-2002, 11:38 AM
I found the version I need for my DSR6000... thanx for the help. Oh, also, does the 2.5Xtreme erase the stored shows on my "A" drive when I install it? It says that it will rewrite the data on the drive, but I'm not sure if it means the stored shows as well.

Yes. It will wipe out absolutely everything.

raym
03-01-2002, 11:54 AM
Is /var/mtab needed? When I booted my TIVo after the 2.5Xtreme upgrade, it gave me "warning: can't open /var/mtab: No such file or directory".... also when I do a df command, all I see are:
bash-2.02# df -m
Filesystem MB-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hda4 123 18 98 16% /
/dev/hda9 123 1 115 1% /var

Where are the video files stored? Accroding to the df, my tivo only has a total of 213 MB of data! It's a 40GB drive.

groundhog
03-01-2002, 05:37 PM
If I had a copy of extreme available here, I'd take a look at it, but I'm not sure that it works to well with a Tivo that already has 2.5. I didn't realize the error in suggesting it, seeing that you had 2.5. I thought that you wanted to go to 2.0 so that you could simply hack the unit. Well extreme is the best way to make it hackable, but I think it looks for 2.0. If you already have 2.5 it may not do a prom flash, because it is already seeing a 2.5 image. You may still need to restore to 2.0 and re-run it. Sorry if I ran you around in a big circle. There should be a 2.0 image in the same link that Bubble lamp posted. I'm not totally sure about any of this, so see if you can find some confirmation from the Extreme How to, or by doing some searches first.

groundhog
03-01-2002, 05:49 PM
I guess I was wrong. According to Sergeon, it doesn't matter what sw version you have.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by NotHere
Do you need to be on 2.0 first for this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, it doesn't matter *what* version your DirecTivo contains now.

Are you sure you followed the prompts right, when you installed it? One of the first prompts should have asked you if you want to tivomad your drive. If you answered No you may have ended up with an image that was to small. 213 megs sounds REALLY SMALL. It looks like the image didn't expand. How you still ended up with bash beats the hell out of me?

Sorry I don't have any advice for you now except for re-check the how-to, and maybe try running it again.

Bubblelamp, have you confirmed that your link has a good image? know there were a few bad downloads out there.

raym
03-01-2002, 06:10 PM
The Tivo appears to be working fine... I haven't hooked it up to the satellite dish yet, so I don't know 100%.

I will keep it updated.

BubbleLamp
03-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by groundhog
Bubblelamp, have you confirmed that your link has a good image? know there were a few bad downloads out there.

I haven't used any of the images on that site, so I can't personally vouch for them.

raym
03-04-2002, 11:18 AM
I just used 2.5Xtreme... I needed to use it any ways, but from all the other threads, I would need to down grade my os and then flash the prom, but with Scorpian's new 2.5Xtreme for the DSR6000, I didn't have to do that.