PDA

View Full Version : touch /etc/subtest and i hit enter & than nothing happened

JULIAN
03-06-2002, 06:55 PM
OK i finally got the new drive and installed 25xtreme amd then i put it back with the original drive from my drs6000 i plug it in and everything went fine then i use my laptop and serial cable to the bashing then i unpluged again and got the prompt bashing 2:02
or something like that after that i typed in the touch /etc/subtest and i hit enter than i checked my system info and tried to make a forced call and got that unavailable thing ... also i was wondering while i was using the terminal to type in the info i found that the eceiver was still booting to the satillite 70,80,90% and then the picture come in.is that supose to happen while you are still typing in the terminal.. thank's

BubbleLamp
03-06-2002, 07:23 PM
Linux is case sensitive, it should be S**T***. And you'll need to reboot before forcing the call.

T_RJ
03-06-2002, 07:44 PM
Actually a reboot is not needed.

Once the file is created ( with the proper syntax ) forcing a daily will set the TiVo to lifetime.

JULIAN
03-06-2002, 10:26 PM
ok now my 2nd question is does the receiver come on completely while you are bashing ? because my staion's start's to come on or sholud i put this unit on stand by??