PDA

View Full Version : MFS experts: Now Playing logos?

Freakeao
03-22-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm trying to figure out what tells tivo to display a logo in now playing. It seems to be associated with showcases, because only channels with a showcase have the icon in now playing.

I know it is not just the station.logoindex that does this. I have the tivoweb logo module and that is what it sets.

Is there a way to search the mfs for all records that reference a specific record (like an image resource)?

I know what images are used and if there was a way to search like this I could track backwards through the mfs and find out what I need.

Thanks

keith721
03-23-2002, 06:48 PM
not sure where they hide them in MFS, but they're downloaded as part of the guide data and showcase "slice" files. if you capture one of the slice files from your TiVo, and dump it with a hex editor, you'll see data for PNG graphics files. copy out the bytes from the PNG signature at the beginning, all the way through to the last non-null bytes, and save it as FILE.PNG.

Juppers
03-24-2002, 12:34 AM
The logos are part of the channel record and not specifically tied to Showcases at all. If you look into the channel record, you will find the pointer.

keith721
03-24-2002, 01:12 PM
:rolleyes: found Jake B's logo.tar.gz archive while cleaning up directories, this morning. it includes two TivoWeb modules for TivoWeb-TCL 1.9.3, and works fine with Sony SVR-2000 and 2.5.1 software.

it's attached below, for reference. rename the file extension to .tar.gz or .tgz after downloading, since it's a gzip archive of a tar archive, and the message board doesn't like .tar or .tgz file extensions on attachments.

credit belongs to jake AT allaboutjake.com, lightn, and MBM, as noted in the README file within the archive.

Freakeao
03-24-2002, 02:00 PM
I already have this, it only sets the logos on the channel bar not the now showing screen.

I talked to Jake before and he seemed to believe that the logos for now showing were tied to the showcase items somehow but he had not checked it out fully.