PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Frogbutt
03-25-2002, 10:21 PM
OK I have been running DirectTV on a sony b-50 non tivo reciver, I was "watching the data stream" with an emu setup using the latest sle with a Hu cam on my cor, so when I get my new Rca Dsr6000 All I do is swap it out with my sony and Live tv (minus my locals) works and so does recording and fast forwarding and stuff. Anyway I thought Tivo wasnt suppsoed to allow recording at all without being registered with that monthly fee and I havnt installed any software like 2.5extreme yet.

Mabye im missing somthing that is locked out since I havnt really gone though all the options yet but pause ff rr record season passes and all that work only thing not working is my locals and i think thats becasuse im setup for my old reciver still wich is 4th gen so what does 2.5extreme unlock for me?

groundhog
03-26-2002, 07:13 PM
It's most likely due to a "grace period". I'm not sure how the direct TV units work, since you have to call and activate the Direct TV service anyway....but when you buy a standalone they give you something like 7 to 10 days of free service, called the "Grace period". If you don't plug a phone line in, you may even be able to use it that way up to 30 days from now, but eventually, it will go into boat anchor mode.

Frogbutt
03-26-2002, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the repley, least that gives me sometime to learn 2.5extreme and all that.

chaos11624
03-27-2002, 11:05 PM
you say you have a dsr6000 which is a direct tivo correct
d/l the dsr6000 2.5 extreme file and look for some directions to install it . this will give you lifetime subsription making it so your
tivo doesnt have to dial in and all your scheluales will be d/l
from your direct tv data stream look at the faq on this board they should point you in the right directions as far as ive heard you dont want your tivo dialing in if your running a emulator or a test card hope this helps