PDA

View Full Version : Hughes Dtivo

netman
04-02-2002, 11:32 AM
I have had my hughes dtivo unit for about a month. I applied 25xtreme and the liftetime hack. It seems like it is running slow. When i change through channels it drags. Is this normal or is there something else I should do.

Thanks,
Netman

T_RJ
04-02-2002, 11:52 AM
How long ago did you load extreme?
Are you running any scripts from the rc.syinit file?

netman
04-02-2002, 11:55 AM
About a month or so.

I am not running any other scripts. The only thing i did was load xtreme and then apply the liftetime hack.

Netman

golfman68
04-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Hughes DTIVO's are by far the slowest box's ,some work OK, others reel slow.

BubbleLamp
04-07-2002, 08:19 PM
If the Hughes and Philips are identical boards, how can the Hughes be slower? Get a replacement remote and see what happens.

golfman68
04-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
If the Hughes and Philips are identical boards, how can the Hughes be slower? Get a replacement remote and see what happens. Yes I Know the phillips and hughes are pretty much the same. I also know the 10 Hughes gxcebotd tivos that I have bought from circut city all have worked differently some slow, some ok,some not at all ,most seem to run better with xtreme some do not.Tried the remote thing did not work. My fastest and most stable box is Hughes that did not take the software upgrade turned it into a phillips and it is fast and does not ivac when you change channels fast, like the sonys or Hughes when EMUing.

T_RJ
04-08-2002, 07:10 PM
The only difference between the three is:

The Sony uses a different front bezel, remote and support Sony branded VCR's.
The Hughes and the Philips use different front bezel and the same remote.

All three have different splash screens.

They are all made in the same factory in Mexico.