PDA

View Full Version : Ad Aware - Spyware on your hard drive

FISHINLADY
04-09-2002, 12:24 AM
Ad Aware - Spyware on your hard drive
I wanted to pass on that a good practice is to run AdAware from LavaSoft on your computer on a regular basis. It is a free program that locates Spyware and Scumware on your hard drive and removes it. You will be shocked to find how many little programs and registries are sitting on your hard drive tracking your web browsing and collecting personal data. They will even re-direct your links when you do online shopping so that they collect money. This is especially important to run if you have ever installed Gator, Morpheus, Kazaa, or any other file-sharing program or deal finder program.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/aaw.html

THOUGHT IT WAS WORTH A HEADS UP FOR ALL OF US
A LITTLE UNSURE OF THIS SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE POST
FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE SO I WANTED TO PASS THE INFO ALONG AND GET SOME FEEDBACK
THANKS

Joe
04-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Great Post, I'm going to move this to freebies for a little bit so more people can see it.

maddiesmommy
04-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Hmmmmmm....very interesting...I too am interested to see if anybody has any info. I run Gator, and that is a spy program. I would want to get rid of anything else I might have lurking around, but Gator saves me a lot of typing, and I like that. If anyone can offer some advice, I would love it!

FISHINLADY
04-09-2002, 02:12 PM
MM YOU MIGHT TRY ROBOFORM IT SEEMS TO BE FASTER THAN GATOR

HTTP://WWW.ROBOFORM.COM
I THINK I WILL CHECK ON THE LINK FOR YOU

texasdaughn
04-09-2002, 02:16 PM
Just downloaded and ran the program!!!

I have used Gator and I currently use Morpheus (Just imagine how much I had on mine!)

Anyways I had 65 files that were spyware programs. All in my computer even in the places where you cant delete these files so that they stop pulling up those dumb ads! But this program for sure got rid of them!!!! I would use this program if you think you have spyware on your computer!

If you get the program besure to check all the boxes, even the ones that say scan memory, scan registry, quick scan, and deep scan, and also the drives that you want to scan too! Believe me the files were in all of those places!!!!

These Companies Are Vultures!http://images.animfactory.com/animations/birds/vultures/vulture_snacking_md_wht.gif

maddiesmommy
04-09-2002, 03:00 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Bye Bye Gator.....and all that other crap that was on there (kind of like ticks I guess.....you have to be careful walking through the woods, one might jump on you, and you might not know it for awhile) HELLO ROBOFORM!

Like the Beatles said...."I get by with a little help from my friends" :)

FISHINLADY
04-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by maddiesmommy
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Bye Bye Gator.....and all that other crap that was on there (kind of like ticks I guess.....you have to be careful walking through the woods, one might jump on you, and you might not know it for awhile) HELLO ROBOFORM!

Like the Beatles said...."I get by with a little help from my friends" :)

LMAO AT YOU MM
YOU CRACK ME UP:) :D :p ;)

Joe
04-10-2002, 01:08 AM
bump, this is very useful

Joe
04-10-2002, 03:01 PM
moving back so it doesn't get lost

Joe
04-12-2002, 03:06 PM
bump

catfishkaran
04-13-2002, 02:08 PM
OMG I just installed the spy wear program & I had 208 programs on my computor. Well I figured NO ONE should be spying on me so I deleted them all. BIG BIG mistake! Now some of my programs won't work. KaZaA for one. I had to reinstal it. I tried to restore my system but that didn't work. There are 4 of us that use this computor. I guess I'll have to fix the programs 1 by 1 as we find out which ones don't work. I swear every time I try to fix somthing I screw somthing else up. I should of saved backups like the program suggest but I learn from my mistakes. I just wasted 30 minutes fixing KaZaA. Well I still think the spy wear is great just make sure you know what your doing first.(unlike me)
Live & learn.

FISHINLADY
04-16-2002, 07:29 PM
BUMPING

maddiesmommy
04-17-2002, 04:35 PM
I just ran this again today ALREADY I had 8 more! Thanks for this great post, and by the way, Roboform is the greatest!

FISHINLADY
04-17-2002, 05:54 PM
wow
im glad it is helping

Tinkerbell1031
04-22-2002, 12:46 AM
I downloaded this today, I had quite a few on my computer as well. I got rid of everything after scanning, and mine works great.. So far no problems.. Thanks for the post..

FISHINLADY
05-02-2002, 02:15 PM
bumping