PDA

View Full Version : TiVo/DirecTiVo help!!!

dtvstar
04-10-2002, 08:06 PM
I did some explicit forum reading & I still need some advice on which lifetime hack to use for my GXCEBOT & ALSO MY STAND ALONE HDR31203.and also does it stop the daily call syndrome:confused:

groundhog
04-10-2002, 08:15 PM
The reason the lifetime hacks were developed for the direct TV units was to help them avoid making phone calls to direct TV. Most of us are against doing hacks just to avoid paying for Tivo service. Seeing that you're asking about a SA's, I assume that is your main motivation. A SA needs to call in anyway, for guide data. So if you hack it for lifetime service and don't pay for it, when it makes a phone call Tivo is going to wonder what's up?

Any way. I couldn't answer your question anyway. I don't know of any hacks like that because they are generally not supported here. If you are worried about using these tivos along with hacked direct TV boxes, sub the tivo, call tivo and tell them you want to Opt out of thier viewing habbits program, then look into hacks to clear your log files, if you're still paranoid.

groundhog
04-10-2002, 08:18 PM
P.S. If you don't want to subscribe because you want to use your tivo as a high priced VCR, and don't need guide data, I can help you more. Let me know.

My method just involves the remote control and backdoors, but I really should look into a simple hack based fix for the Hard drive. I just haven't seen any posts about such a fix, here, yet.

dtvstar
04-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Thanx Groundhog ,I don't mind paying for tivo However I don't like the idea of phoning in my GXCEBOT data if i can help it if you know whay i mean .How does callng tivo and telling them you want to Opt out of thier viewing habbits program, then look into hacks to clear your log files help me.and for my S/A I just need it as a big vcr data base mode but still have use of the season pass functions as well . I would be interested in your method that just involves the remote control and backdoors also.

groundhog
04-11-2002, 01:34 PM
I posted this link in a PM to you. I also appologized for my accusations, but should probably do it more publicly. Sorry. I'm a little quick to judge sometimes.

The GXCEBOT is a direct Tv unit? I guess from the title of your thread, I should have picked that up. If it is the hughs unit, what you do is use Extreme, as if it was a phillips DSR6000. The phillips and Hughs are the exact same unit. The only difference is that the software is going to now identify your Tivo as a Phillips. For some reason I was thinking the the GXCEBOT was the Sony Stand Alone. The Sony Direct TV unit is the T-60, so yours must be the Hughs Direct TV unit, right?

[http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10220]