PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we all take a moment to introduce ourselves!

maddiesmommy
04-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Since many new people are joining our family, (I am pretty new here myself) I thought it might be a good idea if we all take a minute and tell a little about ourselves.

I live in a medium-sized NC town now, although I have lived in many different places throughout my childhood. I am originally from New Jersey, and have lived in Nevada, Florida, Texas, and California. My dad was not in the army, he was in the recording and music distribution industry. I attended the University of North Carolina and majored in political science and history. After that I ran a staffing agency for a few years before I decided to settle down with my wonderful (remind me later I said that...ha ha!) husband. We celebrated the birth of our first child last July. This whole freebie addiction started back in January when I decided I needed a new hobby. Besides freebies, my favorite things are my family(of course), cooking, brewing beer and visiting microbreweries, college basketball, NFL football, major and minor league baseball, garage sales(that time of year again), and any other type of sales. If ya want to know any more than that, just ask, or you can buy the book! :)

FISHINLADY
04-12-2002, 11:42 AM
MM AS USUAL YOU KEEP ME IN STITCHES!!

I AM FROM TEXAS
BORN AND LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE!

I AM VERY HAPPILY MARRIED TO ONE OF THE SWEETEST,KINDEST AND FUNNIEST MEN ON EARTH!HE HAS KEPT ME IN STITCHES FOR 16 YEARS!
WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 16 YEARS THIS JULY.
WE HAVE 2 BOYS AGE 15 AND 7. THE APPLES OF MY EYE!
WE ARE SOON TO BECOME FOSTER PARENTS WHICH IS VERY EXCITING FOR US!!

WE LOVE TO FISH (AS THE NAME IMPLIES LOL)
I AM "THE QUEEN" IN THAT CATEGORY LOL I CATCH MORE THAN HUBBY DOES AND THEY ARE BIGGER I MIGHT ADD LOL

FAMILY IS MY FIRST PRIORITY !
I LOVE TO FISH (OF COURSE)
LOVE HUNTING AND GETTING FREEBIES
I COLLECT COWS I HAVE MY OWN HERD IN THE KITCHEN! LOL
I LOVE PLANTS AND FLOWERS AND HAVE MY OWN JUNGLE IN THE HOUSE!
I LOVE GARDENING! FLOWERS AND VEGGIES!

I LOVE TO COOK AND CANNING IS MY NEWEST ADVENTURE!
LAST SUMMER I SPENT A MONTH AND MADE TONS OF JELLIES,PRESERVES AND FRUIT FOR COBBLERS AND SUCH!
I BRIBED THE MAILMAN WITH HOMEMADE JELLY AND BREAD AT CHRISTMAS (THAT WAY HE WASNT SO MAD AT HAVING TO GET OUT EVERY DAY TO DELIVER THE MAIL TO MY DOOR) LOL

THIS YEAR I AM ADDING VEGETABLES SO WE CAN HAVE FRESH ONES ALL YEAR ROUND!
WE DO A LOT OF CRAFTS,PAINTING AND WOODWORKING!

WELL GUESS THATS ENOUGH ABOUT ME FOR NOW
NEXT!

FISHINLADY
04-12-2002, 11:43 AM
EXCELLENT IDEA MM
THANKS FOR STARTING THIS!!

CathiesCrew
04-12-2002, 06:33 PM
I thought I would introduce myself as well.

I am CathiesCrew,
I just started the other day,
And since I am so new,
I just thought I would say HEY!

My old board YIF closed,
I was sad and depressed,
Until I found you all,
And I think I found the best.

Nomore tears of loss,
of all my YIF friends,
I came here, and looked around,
and all my sadness ends.

So to all my new DAB friends,
I say hello to each and all,
This is a fresh start for me,
And I think its going to be a ball.

---------CathiesCrew-------

Noone said I was a Poet..... LOL

:)

FISHINLADY
04-12-2002, 07:39 PM
WOW CATHIE!!!
I THINK ITS SUPER!!
REALLY GLAD YOU ARE HERE AND I AM EXCITED ABOUT GETTING TO KNOW EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!

maddiesmommy
04-12-2002, 08:58 PM
that is cute! :)

catfishkaran
04-13-2002, 11:08 AM
Hi. For all of you who don't know me my name is Karen. I live in Delaware. I'm 38 & live with my b/f of 10 years. We are finally getting married in September. I have 2 girls ages 13 & 16 that live with my dad & step mom since my divorce 10 years ago. My b/f has 2 kids, a boy 16 & a girl 14 that we raise. I also like to fish. We go surf fishing alot. When I can't surf fish I fish in our pond out front. I catch a lot of catfish which I hate to take off the hook & my b/f teases me & that is where I got my board name. I also love gardening. Just got this years started the other day. We also have lots & lots of flowers on our property & add more every year. My other hobbies are crafts,riding b/f's Harley, freebies, & collecting frogs.

maddiesmommy
04-13-2002, 11:17 AM
lol! I won't take mine off the hook either...lol! I'm glad you guys like plants....maybe I'll hit you up for some advice....since I seem to have bad luck with plants lately.

catfishkaran
04-13-2002, 12:11 PM
I'd be happy to help with any plant advice. My boyfriend taught me everything I know. That man can grow anything. We bought some carnations the other day. I thought they had to be grown in a green house but we found a type that can be grown indoors or out doors. I love carnations they are my favorite.

jamireles
04-13-2002, 02:15 PM
Well,... I'm from Texas - the Rio Grande Valley to be exact. I got into freebies when I was pregnant with my first and only son (Angel - 19months). I found out that there are places that want to give lots of free stuff to pregnant women!! And it caught on from there. I even passed it on to my sister.

<p>
I'm married (3 years) and I currently teach at the University here in town. I"ma people person and I enjoy helping people. My degree specializes in working with people with disabilties and creating awareness about disabilties (as there are many stigmas and prejudices out there still about certain disabilities). Okay - i'm off my soapbox. I love to read, play the flute, play with my son, see movies, and garden. I guess that's all. This is an awesome freebie board - I"m glad to be a part - just wish I could find as many freebies as everyone else does!!

nicolehssd
04-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Hi I am NiCole,
I live in Kansas, by Wichita. I have a wonderful hubby and 4 wonderful little boys, ages, 10, 8, 5, and almost 2.
I work in a Assisted Living Home, I am the Activities Director there. and I have alot of fun at my job. I love working with elderly people and have been doing it since I was 18yrs old.
I also like to Garden, Plant flowers and veggies and stuff.
I also like to go to Ten Killer Lake in Oklahoma, and relax. My mom has a cabin there and it is so peaceful.
Hmm what else...ohhh the most impotant thing I like to do is get freebies!..lol
well thats all I guess...oops no it isn't i sell Mary Kay also.
ok all done and Nice to meet you new people:)

cookie56
04-14-2002, 09:14 PM
HI! I'm cookie56, & I just sighned up today. ( this is a fun site) I'm married for 20 years & have a 13 year old son. Have been working for the same company for 23 years. Love looking for freebies, crafts(candle making, jewelry design, t-shirt painting or anything else.) Oh by the way I live in Bryan/College Station Home of the Fight'n Texas Aggies!

saffron
04-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Hello to YA'LL! (Hey I am from GA. I get laughed at all the time for saying that) Former YIF too....good to see some from there that I recognize....Well I'm not gonna' tell much about me....surely not the age thing! I been married 13 years and have a 11 year old daughter....she is a soccer star and also on softball team (starting pitcher) so that takes up a lot of my time....Love finding freebies....hubby is jealous that I spend so much time on the puter looking for them..........

bobbi4u
04-15-2002, 01:53 PM
hi everyone i am bobbi hence the name bobbi4u i am from altoona pa a small town of nothing realy lol..i have a 18 year old son who still lives at home and i work with mentally challanged people i was a faithfull yif follower till they closed the boards then i found this great site...a freind got me into these freebie sites about 6 months ago and to say the least i am hooked..

Tinkerbell1031
04-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Well how do you all do? My name is Shelli, usually introduced as, "Hi my name is Shelli and I'm a freebie-a-holic, I tend to sit at the computer for hours and hours filling out forms to get the wonderful selected freebie!" I'm from Spokane, Washington (not the best place on the face of the earth) I'm married, have been for 7 years, I have 2 little boys:Nathaniel whos 4 and Dylon whos 1. I'm in school to be a nurse (pretty scary eh?) and just in case no one has happened to notice I kinda have a fetish for frogs.. I love to have a good laugh and once I become a nurse I've decided to retire and be a child again (those were the good ol' days)! Anything else ya need to know you are more than welcome to ask! ;)

rosey7415
04-23-2002, 12:31 AM
hello everyone! i am 50............yes, you read that right......lol i just had my birthday this month.........and turning 50 was a little depressing to me.:(
i have been married for 10 years to my wonderful hubby, george. we have been together for 15 years. we have a dog bruno who is a yellow lab. massachusetts is where i have lived all my life. we have 3 children, 4 grandchildren and 2 godchildren. i am a stay at home..........freebie seeker......:D we live in a nice ranch near the coast. we are half way between newport, r.i. and cape cod, ma.( i figure that most people would know of those two places.)

and.......i just love gardening!!:)

sarah22
04-24-2002, 12:16 AM
Well I just joined and thought I would tell a little about myself.
I am from Texas born and raised. We have been married 4 yr. this August.We have two wounderful children,Hunter 2 1/2,and Sierra 1.We live in what some like to call the boon docks! We are about 30 mins. away form a grocery store.But the silent nights and beautiful wilderness make up for it.
I love to go fishing or just drive around and look for deer w/my hubby.I also do crafts in my spear time its kinda my time away from the kids ,something that helps me release all thoes frustrations when its been one of thoes days.
I am a stay at home mom.I am thankful that my hubby has a great job that allows me to stay at home with them.He installs computer networks.Don't ask me what that means bc I couldn't possible begin to explain it.Well that about sums it up for me.I hope I haven't bored anyone!

granny
04-24-2002, 12:33 AM
BTW sarah22 is my beutiful wonderful daughter and my best friend.

FISHINLADY
04-24-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by sarah22
Well I just joined and thought I would tell a little about myself.
I am from Texas born and raised. We have been married 4 yr. this August.We have two wounderful children,Hunter 2 1/2,and Sierra 1.We live in what some like to call the boon docks! We are about 30 mins. away form a grocery store.But the silent nights and beautiful wilderness make up for it.
I love to go fishing or just drive around and look for deer w/my hubby.I also do crafts in my spear time its kinda my time away from the kids ,something that helps me release all thoes frustrations when its been one of thoes days.
I am a stay at home mom.I am thankful that my hubby has a great job that allows me to stay at home with them.He installs computer networks.Don't ask me what that means bc I couldn't possible begin to explain it.Well that about sums it up for me.I hope I haven't bored anyone!

YOU DIDNT BORE ANYONE I AM SURE!!

WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY SARAH22
ANYONE RELATED TO GRANNY IS MOST CERTAINLY WELCOME HERE!
I FEEL GRANNY IS PRETTY SPECIAL ALREADY!
HOPE YOU ENJOY IT HERE AS MUCH AS WE DO
JUMP ON IN AND REPLY AND POST AND JUST MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

ENJOY
FISHINLADY :)

AND GRANNY I MUST SAY THAT IS SO SWEET SAYING SHE IS YOUR BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER AND BEST FRIEND
THERE ARE SO MANY FAMILIES TODAY THAT ARENT CLOSE AND IT WARMS MY HEART TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE MORE OUT THERE

granny
04-24-2002, 12:54 AM
well FISHINLADY I knew you would help watch out for her and show her the ropes around here, Thanks for the comment about family. You are so sweet, sorry I have not been on much, I have been helping daughter with a garage sale and grand babies

FISHINLADY
04-24-2002, 12:58 AM
GARAGE SALES AND GRAND BABIES THATS A LOT OF TIME RIGHT THERE
I CERTAINLY HOPE YOU DIDNT GET RID OF ANY COW THINGS OR I WILL BE SO DISAPPOINTED
HUBBY WOULDNT THINK IT WAS TOO FUNNY IF I TOLD HIM I WAS GOING TO A GARAGE SALE AND THEN NOT COME BACK FOR A DAY OR TWO LOL
PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEE TELL ME YOU DIDNT HAVE COW STUFF IN THE GARAGE SALE !!

LOL YEP I WILL WATCH OUT FOR HER TOO

CANT HAVE HER GETTING INTO ANY TROUBLE THATS OUR JOB RIGHT LOL

granny
04-24-2002, 01:07 AM
NO COW STUFF, BUT SARAH DID SALE A FEW MOOSE AND UNCLE SAM CRAFTS THAT SHE HAD MADE. i DON'T SELL MY COW STUFF. lol

FISHINLADY
04-24-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by granny
NO COW STUFF, BUT SARAH DID SALE A FEW MOOSE AND UNCLE SAM CRAFTS THAT SHE HAD MADE. i DON'T SELL MY COW STUFF. lol

DO YOU GIVE IT AWAY TO STRANGE PEOPLE YOU MEET ON THE INTERNET????? LMAO
J/K BUT COULDNT RESIST LOL

maddiesmommy
04-24-2002, 08:19 AM
I too lived in Texas, out in the boon docks (we called it that too)! I would give just about anything to go back there!!!!! Welcome Sara! Nice to have ya!

sarah22
04-24-2002, 09:52 AM
Thank you,maddiesmommy, FISHINLADY and granny.Yall are all so sweet! You make me feel right at home here.

catfishkaran
04-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Hey i made a post here this morning but its not here. I think that was when I got kicked off so I guess it didn't go through. Let me do it again.

Hello & welcome Sarah22. I see you have family here. I guess we are all sort of one big happy family!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/aktion046.gif

catfishkaran
04-25-2002, 04:25 AM
Hurray! I'm not really losing my mind the post I made earlier is under the welcome Sarah22 post. I really thought I'd lost it but now I found it again.

FISHINLADY
04-25-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by catfishkaran
Hurray! I'm not really losing my mind the post I made earlier is under the welcome Sarah22 post. I really thought I'd lost it but now I found it again.
catfish i think we all lost our minds a long time ago lol
:D

maddiesmommy
04-25-2002, 02:19 PM
catfish i think we all lost our minds a long time ago lol

I just saw two minds laying out in the road when I went out to get the mail....I didn't pick them up because I got a lot of mail today....too bad I didn't know you guys were looking for some minds. I lost my mind too.....it sends me postcards every now and then......lmao

catfishkaran
04-26-2002, 01:09 PM
http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aetsch/aetsch004.gif http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/aktion015.gifhttp://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/aktion021.gif http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/aktion/aktion026.gif

FISHINLADY
04-26-2002, 01:45 PM
LMAO
I LOVE THESE LITTLE SMILEYS THEY ARE SOOOOO CUTE

dolphinluv
05-02-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi I'm Jenifer. I found this board because of my ever so wonderful friend Shelli. I also live in Spokane Wa. Two great kids Marissa 6 and Austin 3 oh to be their age again. I also have a pretty great other half who I have been with for eight years. I am the assistant manager of a convience store here not the greatest job in the world but I get to work with people which I love and hey it pays the bills most of the time! I think that's it. Oh in case you hadn't noticed I love dolphins.

FISHINLADY
05-02-2002, 04:29 PM
HI JENIFER!!

WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE BOTH YOU AND SHELLI HERE! SHELLI IS PRETTY COOL BUT WE WILL HAVE TO KEEP THAT ONE UNDER OUR HATS OR OUR MISS POSTAHOLIC WILL GET A BIG HEAD LOL!!

ITS GREAT TO GET TO KNOW EVERYONE THIS WAY
THANK YOU FOR TELLING US ABOUT YOUR MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE YOUR FAMILY!

LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER IN THE FUTURE!:)

ENJOY AND MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN!:)

catfishkaran
05-03-2002, 10:47 AM
Hello Jenifer. Glad u joined us.

Gladiolus
09-06-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi there I am 29 year old female from manitoba Canada

:) I like freebie hunting