PDA

View Full Version : Teraterm window question

Jock2all
04-13-2002, 09:59 AM
I don't know if this is more of an advanced question, but since I am new to this thought I would start in this newbie section. I have everything running pretty good. Once I start the 900s.tcl program at the bash prompt, I cannot figure out how to get back to a the bash prompt. That program stays on the active screen. Seems like it should be a simple key stroke but I have read all I can and do not see anything. So far my only succesfull solution is to pull the plug on my unit and restart it.

BubbleLamp
04-13-2002, 11:04 AM
Add an ampersand (&) to the end of your command like this:

./900s.tcl <other arguments> &

That will spawn a background process and get you back your bash prompt.

Jock2all
04-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks Bubble, worked like a charm. OK on the same question, I have entered the line in the rc.sysinit as the readme suggested, yet each time I reset the receiver I have gone to my bash prompt and entered ./900s.tcl reload & The question is do I need to continue to do this or is the line in the rc.sysinit file going to perform this function for me anyway.

BubbleLamp
04-14-2002, 07:00 PM
If you added it to rc.sysinit with the required commands (sorry, I don't remember what they are, I don't use 900s), then there is no need to do it manually as well.

You should be able to confirm it's running by going to bash and typing ps -ax and see a process there with the 900s.tcl in it.