PDA

View Full Version : Dtivo with HU Act

Mikell808
05-06-2002, 09:37 AM
Been trying to find this info, but have not had any luck. If I want to use my Dtivo with an HU activation card. Is there anything special I need to add to the card to make it compatible with Dtivo. I know with Emulation there is an option to add something using tweakcore to make it compatible. How do I do that with an activation file.

BubbleLamp
05-06-2002, 01:34 PM
This isn't the place to discuss such topics, try one of the zillion DTV sites.

Mikell808
05-06-2002, 02:38 PM
A board for DTivo that doesnt allow discussions about DTV. Perhaps you should open a new forum that would be geared to this topic as i am sure everyone who is a non DTV subscriber would find this information of interest. I would only venture to guess that those number, probably, would constitute a majority.

BubbleLamp
05-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Mikell808
A board for DTivo that doesnt allow discussions about DTV. Perhaps you should open a new forum that would be geared to this topic as i am sure everyone who is a non DTV subscriber would find this information of interest. I would only venture to guess that those number, probably, would constitute a majority.

I meant DTV hacking wise guy.

Mikell808
05-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp

I meant DTV hacking wise guy.

Wasn't trying to be a "wiseguy" I meant hacking as can be seen by the reference "non subscribers", and I was sincere in my suggestion.

Mikell808
05-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Isn't that strange Bubble boy that I just read and answered 2 different post by members looking for information that you bashed me on in this post for even asking. I really hope you re-evaluate your roll here. I can't stop you from trying to be the condo Commando of this web site. But, your time here could be much more productive if you focused on solutions rather then controversy.

groundhog
05-09-2002, 05:30 PM
We don't alllow any discussions as to how to hack direct tv cards, or how perform any form of signal theft. We do allow discussions of every possible way to hack a tivo(direct tv unit or Sa). Sometimes maybe the purpose of the hack may be to allow it to be used with some sort or hacked cards, but if you don't have a hacked card, then the tivo hacks not going to allow you to do anything illegal, right?

I'm sure that the people that Bubblelamp was helping only had dtv tivo hacking questions, and not "Access card hacking" questions.

Anyway, without going into the "How to's" the reason people mess with some emu things to make them compatable is because most emu's use the older type cards. Tivo's are 5th gen receivers and don't work with older cards. HU cards(legal or not) work with the dtv units, because the direct tv tivo's come with them. I don't think that anything would have to be modified to make it work....unless you get a "Wrong access card" or "call ext. 745" error. If that was the case, you would have to go to another site to find your answer, because we can't discuss how to fix those problems. Hopefully this answers your question, and doesn't break any forum rules.