PDA

View Full Version : Did my SA puke??

efilnicafesin
05-17-2002, 09:17 PM
My Phillips SA Tivo has been crashing for the past 2 weeks. The screen freezes with no change or reaction from the remote. I've tried my pronto remote and the standard remote, no difference. If I unplug and re-boot, it will work for a day or 2. It is completely stock except I opened the back door just to see what happened. That was over a month ago and it has been open ever since. I have version 2.5 tivo software on the unit. I have a new HD to put in the unit, just haven't had the chance. Does this sound like a HD problem or an internal problem? Also, I can't find the link for the back door codes to close the back door. Any help would be appreciated.

efilnicafesin
05-18-2002, 07:25 PM
I did a search for my problem and I could not find any answers which made a difference. I know this site is full of knowledgeable people. Can someone at least give me a place to start or some possible ideas? I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, so don't flame me. Just looking for a place to start.

BubbleLamp
05-18-2002, 07:53 PM
Your problem could be any number of things, drive going bad, crummy power supply, bad cables. There's just no way to say.

Here's a link (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?threadid=26530) to the backdoor codes.

efilnicafesin
05-20-2002, 02:13 PM
Thank you for the response. I will try to replace the hd. I can make the tivo work after a reboot for an hour or 2 then I get video freezing then total lockup. I hope I can get a good image from it to put on the new drive.
I wasn't sure if there were any known or common problems that maybe this would have fallen into.

efilnicafesin
05-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Just wanted to say that I swapped the HD and all has been fine for 3 days so far! I guess I'm outta the woods for now. :D