PDA

View Full Version : I am so proud of Tivo's software!

Animal_Mother
06-02-2002, 10:03 PM
[sniff]

Tivo's software learns from what you watch and that is good.

I came home one night and there was a program automatically recording on Playboy. I thought that was kewl.

But today, my Tivo recorded Blazing Saddles all by itself.[sniff]

I Love my tivo!!![sniff][sniff]

gotxp
06-26-2004, 12:13 AM
I agree TiVo is AWSOME!!! The only fear I have that is will become so smart it will become SELF-AWARE; and uplink with Sky-Net causeing a Tivolutionary Dooms Day....jk

lol, Happy Tivoing :D

rc3105
06-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Apple's Xgrid (http://www.apple.com/acg/xgrid/) allows computationally intense apps to distribute themselves across available machines on the network (think skynet) now that there's a XGrid agent for Unix architectures (http://www.novajo.ca/simple/archives/000026.html) the tivo can play too :D

if we could just get Kristanna Loken to install Xgrid modules...

gotxp
06-26-2004, 10:53 AM
wow, That is friggen crazy!!

I guess I should start treating my better, (eg. Set him a place at the table, Cook diner for him, allow him to make friends) otherwise next time... he may hold it against me.... lol

Ask Not What You Tivo Can Do For Your Tivo, Ask What You Tivo Can Do For You!!!

cojonesdetoro
06-30-2004, 11:46 PM
It can go awry too. I read somewhere about some guy who kept recording 'hot bikini' and 'race car' shows. He said it was because the Tivo kept recording musicals and episodes of the 'Christopher Lowell' show. For some reason, his Tivo thought he was gay. I guess he didn't know about the thumbs-up thumbs-down feature or perhaps he was worried about the connotation associated with sticking a thumb up or down.

BubbleLamp
07-01-2004, 12:37 AM
It can go awry too. I read somewhere about some guy who kept recording 'hot bikini' and 'race car' shows. He said it was because the Tivo kept recording musicals and episodes of the 'Christopher Lowell' show. For some reason, his Tivo thought he was gay. I guess he didn't know about the thumbs-up thumbs-down feature or perhaps he was worried about the connotation associated with sticking a thumb up or down.
That was an episode of "The Mind of a Married Man".