PDA

View Full Version : Need input on my inputs!

Hubmaster
06-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Thanks to you guys and this forum my Hughes 6000 (2.5 Ext) has been up for the last 3 months without a hitch!

Well all good things come to an end and now time for my first post:

I turned on the TV and saw "searching for sat" and no picture. I went to setup to look at signal strength and saw 80% on both inputs. Then a few seconds later it bounced to 0. Then it went back up to 80% again a few seconds later! Etc...

I shut it down and went to bed disgusted. I tried again in the morning and this time there was no signal strength at all.

Took RG6 cable and swapped into a normal Direct box and all was well with signal strength and no bouncing etc...

Took TIVO to friend's house, unplugged his working TIVO, plugged mine in and had 0 signal strength. Checked voltage on inputs, 13 and 18 volts, on both with different transponders. Then tried the delete everything on box hoping this would fix it, but still no signal...

I tried wiping hard drives and reinstalling 2.5, but still nothing... AARRRGGGG!@#%@%

I have some reasonable curcuit board experience. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I live in the Great White North, so returning the box is a definate no go!

Thanks

groundhog
06-26-2002, 07:38 PM
continued Here http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14186