PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find <x> software?

TivoDvlpr
07-11-2002, 01:22 AM
How about a thread to let people know where they can find a particular piece of software.

I'll start it off.

Where can I find ps for the TIVO??:confused:

Its not in any of the toolsets that I've found.

Thanks!

TivoDvlpr
07-11-2002, 11:24 PM
Preciate it.

TivoDvlpr
07-12-2002, 01:44 AM
I've searched them all, I've got all the tools I can get my hands on, can't seem to find PS.

Seems to me forums are for helping, if you would like to suggest a faq or howto for me to look through, that would be useful. What I have found in my recent adventures here is a complete lack of coordinated how-tos and faqs, unless of course I want to simply upgrade my TIVO, which is not what I want to do.

How about a where the @#$% is the faq thread?

lmurray
07-12-2002, 11:18 PM
(Option 1) ps is part of tivosh. type tivosh to get into the shell, then type ps.

(Option 2) you'll need to compile ps for yourself. Get the crosscompiler, find the source, and compile it.

(Option 3) steal the needed files off of a PowerPC running linux.

If you want a faq, or howto, please feel free to start writing it!

enjoy,
-lloyd-

BubbleLamp
07-12-2002, 11:53 PM
You wanted ps for the Tivo.

Change the name to ps.

bentbike1
08-05-2002, 11:33 PM
if your loooking for software upgrades try doing a search in google linux tivo software or just tivo software . but if your technicaly challagened find a geek some one who understands linux becuase the drive will not show up in windows ,depending on your tivo hard drive. there are many sites devoted to hacking your tivo ,infact you can oder a bootable cdrom from 9thtee.com