PDA

View Full Version : local channels questions

teradia
07-18-2002, 10:37 AM
I'm investigating which DirecTV/TiVo systems to buy. Local channels aren't offered in my area. I've read about people hacking them, but I'm fuzzy on the details. Can the local channels be accessed from a standalone TiVo, or would I have to have the DirecTiVo system?

superzap
07-18-2002, 11:09 AM
We don't discuss DTV hacking here, so you need to go elsewhere and determine how to get a 1st-4th gen DTV receiver to pick up the locals in your spot beam local area. Once you determine what channels you can receive, a DirecTiVo with the mvchannels script will get those channels. Or a stand-alone TiVo and 1st-4th gen DTV receiver will also work.

misato
08-15-2002, 07:22 AM
I don't emulate or activate, and don't plan to. I'm subscribed to national feeds, but if I change that to get the locals where I am now, Dave won't let me go back.

Given that, I assume mvchannels and such will do nothing for me, yes? The only way to get the spot beam locals is to give up my national feeds (forever) or emulate or activate?

Since mvchannels is automatically included in the 25xtreme update, will that cause me any problems? Do I need to do anything to disable it if so?