PDA

View Full Version : Slugish Bash

jester9
07-23-2002, 12:39 PM
I'm using hyperterminal to connect and get my bash prompt. The first time I tried hacking my tivo, my bash prompt seemed to work just fine. Since my last 25xtreme and turbonet installation, the bash prompt has problems. Although it seems to get what im typing, it only shows up on the screen every 8th try or so. Ill hit enter and instead of going to a new line, it will put another bash prompt to the right of my bash prompt. When i go into joe, i cant use the arrow keys to move. When i try it says something like
set (0-9). Has anyone had this problem before?
thanks

superzap
07-23-2002, 01:57 PM
First use Tera Term Pro, get here (http://pvrhack.sonnik.com/tivo/download.asp) if don't have it.

Your problem sounds like you need to type in:
stty sane

You can add this to the /.bashrc file so you don't have to type it in every time. Also if you use the joe editor, make sure you set your terminal lines to 25.

oPossum
07-23-2002, 03:35 PM
You may have more than one instance of bash running. Carefully check you rc.sysinit for anything that starts a bash shell.
Like: /bin/bash </dev/ttyS3 >& /dev/ttyS3 &

To use HyperTerminal with joe, configure hyperterminal for ANSI 80x25 and then at the bash promt type:
TERM=ANSI
export TERM

jester9
07-23-2002, 08:25 PM
You guys were right, I needed to do the stty sane and I was running a double bash. And I do like tera term better.
Thanks