PDA

View Full Version : directivo with emulator?

howdy doody
06-29-2001, 04:56 AM
Are any of you guys able to run directivo with an emulator? Any special requirements? Do you need an HU zkt? I have an H card emulator, H aux card, and Sony DTV receiver, with a standalone tivo now. That works fine. Directivo would be better!

thanks,

howdy

Vadim
06-29-2001, 08:48 AM
Yes DirecTiVo runs fine with emulator, but you do need HU zkt, since it's a winked receiver.

Pooter
06-29-2001, 11:21 AM
I am very interested in this... and would like more information. Is there an FAQ on the subject? A good reliable source for materials? I am most curious to know to what extent TiVo shares it's information with DirecTV. After all, TiVo still dials in...

I had read one post somewhere on Pirate's Den... http://www.dsschat.com/forum/index.php

...a DirecTiVo user with a test card, that he got a call from TiVo asking if everything was okay, why was his TiVo recording all of these channels he wasn't supposed to be receiving. Would an EMU be any different?

I've heard that using a standalone TiVo with a hacked DTV receiver is safe, but that using a combined DirecTiVo is somewhat more dangerous. In that it might WORK -- but you're exposing yourself and may get in trouble later.

Any feedback appreciated!

howdy doody
06-29-2001, 04:02 PM
Can I run without the directivo plugged into the phoneline? I saw the service status hacks in another thread.

thanks,

howdy

Vadim
06-29-2001, 04:32 PM
Yes don't connect your phone line and use the service hack to be completly free.

Sonn
06-29-2001, 05:49 PM
Service hack? Is there one yet? I have a Direct/tivo and love it. I have a emulator setup and it works fine. I force the phone call to tivo once a week ,and remove the emualtor setup and put the sub card in when I call. The log thing is what I dont like! There has to be a way around this!

Vadim
06-29-2001, 06:49 PM
Read the post by eel-sushi.
He explained how to spoof the service. No need to call unless you really want to.

Pooter
06-30-2001, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by vadim
Read the post by eel-sushi.
He explained how to spoof the service. No need to call unless you really want to.

Which post? A link would be great.

ZipWeep
06-30-2001, 11:12 AM
http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1165

Toyman
06-30-2001, 03:34 PM
I also have a sony direct/tivo. I would like to hook up my emulator setup but I heard that they log your every button push. Is there a way to clear the log file? I wish I knew more about hacking the tivo. I see alot of people adding hard drives to there tivos. I just wish i could clear that log or stop it from working? This looks like a great forum, have to tell my friends about it> Thanks

Toyman
07-01-2001, 08:41 PM
Any advice guys?

Lord Magnus
07-05-2001, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Toyman
I also have a sony direct/tivo. I would like to hook up my emulator setup but I heard that they log your every button push. Is there a way to clear the log file? I wish I knew more about hacking the tivo. I see alot of people adding hard drives to there tivos. I just wish i could clear that log or stop it from working? This looks like a great forum, have to tell my friends about it> Thanks

I personally would wait for a service hack. Then the log file would be irrelevant. Much better solution.

Toyman
07-05-2001, 04:08 PM
I guess your right

krishnadas
08-14-2001, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Sonn
Service hack? Is there one yet? I have a Direct/tivo and love it. I have a emulator setup and it works fine. I force the phone call to tivo once a week ,and remove the emualtor setup and put the sub card in when I call. The log thing is what I dont like! There has to be a way around this!

How can I get an emulator? How much does it cost? I have a Philips DirecTiVo and a second RCA receiver...

mrblack51
08-14-2001, 01:34 PM
krishindas: this isnt the place to ask about where to obtain an emulator. go to www.deja.com and lookup alt.dss.hack, then read read read. if you think you are going to start doing that sort of thing, then you need to start reading a lot more than it appears that you have (no offence).

krishnadas
08-14-2001, 01:52 PM
None taken.

Originally posted by mrblack51
krishindas: this isnt the place to ask about where to obtain an emulator. go to www.deja.com and lookup alt.dss.hack, then read read read. if you think you are going to start doing that sort of thing, then you need to start reading a lot more than it appears that you have (no offence).

Glitched
08-23-2001, 11:20 AM
maybe this isnt the right thread to post this in, but since it was brought up here.. ill add it here ;) didnt i read that you could commment out the logging somewhere, and that not only did it stop the logs, but it (very minorly) sped up your receiver?? correct me if im wrong....
but if im right :D , anybody got a link, i cant seem to loacate that thread

chipster
08-23-2001, 09:38 PM
Yes... from a previous thread, comment out in rc.sysinit (about 520 lines down):

rm -f /var/run/syslogd.pid /var/run/klogd.pid
syslogd -p /var/dev/log -m 10000
klogd

Chattr +i after you're done.

Speeds things up a bit. Good for 2.0.1.

Now how do we get bash on 2.5??

GoneSilent
08-23-2001, 10:32 PM
Lots of people are looking at it, But how the hell do you sign the files. Its been driveing me nutts. I love dual tunners but will go back to 2.0.1 if I cant get my eth net back. Its so nice to control via a network. Im also glad tivo has two sets of outs!