PDA

View Full Version : How do I extract?

Thunder
09-29-2002, 06:02 PM
preface: SA Sony unit hacked and upgraded to 80g A drive and 120G B drive using MFS Tools 2. Turbonet installed, 3 Windows XP Pro machines on a network.

I have spent the better part of two days combing through the hundreds of posts here, and I can't seem to piece the puzzle together.
(tried to) Loaded TivoApp on to my unit...and the instructions leave a LOT to be desired for someone like me, coming from a Windows backgroud...and getting used to Tivo/Linux. The zip file for TivoApp had a bunch of other files (ShowList25.tcl?) that were never even mentioned in the READ ME. I installed Extract Stream and NC in a directory, and chmod 755 them. Placed ShowList.tcl in the Tivoweb directory (or should it be in the /modules/ directory...again directions NO help)Since I have Tivewb running, I did not load on util.tcl. Added everything to the PATH of TIVO so it could find everything, and **EVERTIME** I try to start TivoApp and connect i get:

bash-2.02# source /.profile
bash-2.02# ShowList.tcl 192.168.123.190 7100
bash: ShowList.tcl: command not found
bash-2.02#

Now, telneted into Tivo and tried to run the ShowList.TCL in the same directory it is in and I still get a command not found. I have sent it over 2-3 times, since I thought I may have gotten corupt...but I get the SAME DAMN message each time. Not to mention I get an Windows Error when I try to exit the program or shut it down. All I want to do is extract to an MPG file...why the hell is this rocket science? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am very frustrated with the unclear directions, the poor search engine on this board that returns hundreds of hits to my search(s) that are not relevant..and my own inability to understand Linux.

/end of rant

Thanks.

Thunder.

davehazle
09-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Are you sure that you are sending it over in binary mode?

Thunder
09-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Sure am...when I am sending via WS_FTP I see that is says "sending binary mode" or something similar. In addition, this is exactly the way I have been getting modules to my tivoweb, as well as YAC. Could the native Windows XP zip handler be chewing them up?

Note: I noticed today that all the files I place in the Tivoweb-tcl directory are dirggerenct..specifically all other files have a 1000 as the 3rd and 4th columns when I do a ls -l. My files have a 0 in the 3rd column and 1000 in the 4th. Could this be the problem??:confused:

BubbleLamp
09-30-2002, 06:11 PM
tcl scripts should be sent in ASCII mode.

To run a script from the folder it is in, you need to do it like this:

./ShowList.tcl

HTH