PDA

View Full Version : TiVoNet and DTivo

mrblack51
07-02-2001, 01:56 PM
Has any progress been made with using TiVoNet with a DirecTiVo? I have both, as well as a philips 14 hour which my backup was corrupted at some point (anyone feel like helping me out with a copy of theirs?). I know the big thing is getting it to physically fit, but I have heard little about getting it to work.

Are there any off the shelf type extenders that would do the job? Part numbers and sources? I would like to slap the new tivoweb-tcl on my dtivo among other things. of course, getting tivonet on dtivo for the masses would also spark interest in getting extractstream to work with the dtivo as well.

KRavEN
07-02-2001, 02:08 PM
I don't think anything like that, if it exists, will be coming out until after the release of 2.5. That way Tivo isn't forced into adding encryption if they have not allready.

mrblack51
07-02-2001, 03:00 PM
do you think having tivonet on the dtivo would force encryption, or having extractstream for the dtivo would cause it. also, it was my understanding that the mfs on the dtivo was setup differently since it stored raw dtv data (hence the reason why it can replay 5.1), and thus it was already encrypted to a certain extent. please correct me if i am wrong on any of these counts.

JG24
07-03-2001, 07:47 PM
Hey MRBLACK51,

I got a backup of my 14 hour phillips. It has 2.0.1 software on in and it fits on 5 CD-R's.

Drop me an email at JG24@techemail.com.

I should be able to help you out!

mrblack51
07-07-2001, 03:40 PM
well, if you check http://www.avsforum.com/ubbtivo/Forum6/HTML/006080.html you will see that JPags has already found the necessary parts and also did a 2 drive 200 GB hack at the same time.

KRavEN
07-18-2001, 03:33 PM
If you check out the 9thtee website the partlist and pictures are now up there. I figured it would no longer hurt for them to go up after Jpaq put his pictures up. You can order the parts directly from Adex by calling them and giving them your CreditCard # over the phone. Very easy people to deal with.

mrblack51
08-01-2001, 01:57 PM
Kraven: im not sure if you are the one who posted the pictures on 9th tee, but if you are, could you post a link to higher res copies?

i have the required brackets, but its hard to tell what modifications were made to the brackets and unit. it looks like you need to cut some excess board off of the longer right angle bracket, and cut a notch out of the hard drive mounting bracket, right?

also, i would like to install a tivonet board in my dtivo, but i would like to block it from updating and making daily calls. anyone have ideas on that? i am at 2.01-001 right now, which some have indicated that it still allows extractstream. also, i want to make sure i dont get the 2.5 update until i decide that i want it (well, i would like to wait until we can get bash on it again).

KRavEN
08-01-2001, 03:15 PM
PM me with your email and I will email you the pictures. If someone wanted to put the high res images on a site I would have no problem with that either.