PDA

View Full Version : Need help with muxing

srp336
10-21-2002, 01:00 PM
Hi--

I'm trying to experiment with converting muxed .mpg files to divx through Vidomi. I've got the .m2v and .m2a files from TyTool and I'm trying to create the .mpg.

In tmpeg, I've done the Simple Multiplex, but can't figure out what to do with the offset from TyTool.

In bbmpeg, I think I see how to do the mux, and where the starting offsets are for audio and video, but I'm not sure how to apply the TyTool offset here either.

In either of these programs, the resulting .mpg doesn't seem all that in sync (to me anyway) no matter what I do.

How can I get these files merged?

One thing I have noticed... all of my Tivo recordings start with a few seconds of whatever channel the TV was on, then a channel change, then what I recorded. I've always wondered if that channel change sometimes throws the sync off an unknown amount.

Thanks!

--Steve

artships
10-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by srp336
Hi--

I'm trying to experiment with converting muxed .mpg files to divx through Vidomi. I've got the .m2v and .m2a files from TyTool and I'm trying to create the .mpg.

In tmpeg, I've done the Simple Multiplex, but can't figure out what to do with the offset from TyTool.

Hey, Steve!

Don't use TMPGEnc's "Simple muxer", at least not before Josh has the tytool muxer released.
Follow pictures and instructions at my site (http://tivo.30below.com/jdouglass/) and Merch's site (http://tivo.30below.com/zmerch/).

srp336
10-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the reply... so there's no good reliable way to mux using the currently available tools?

artships
10-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by srp336
Thanks for the reply... so there's no good reliable way to mux using the currently available tools?

No, I said that in order to use the offset from tytool you must use TMPGEnc to transcode your split tystream. And no, I don't think you really want to spend the time on that, either. As for another comment I didn't address:

all of my Tivo recordings start with a few seconds of whatever channel the TV was on

I think it does. Use the TyTool option to skip the first bunch of chunks.

John,
Who just ordered his second cakebox of DVD-R blanks, the process works so good.

srp336
10-21-2002, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry...I think I misunderstood. I was looking for a way to combine the m2v and m2a files into a single mpeg2 file to play with in Vidomi to get a DivX file. The links you sent me seem to involve loading them into tmpeg and transcoding them into SVCD (something I'd also like to get working for myself, but I want to get DivX working first...)

In any case, I'm going to be rather short on disk space for at least the next couple of days...maybe something new will be release soon?

Thanks again,

--Steve

srp336
10-22-2002, 01:04 PM
I've tried using mplex on the output of vsplit using the offset that it reports. It gives me (at least on my test file) what looks like good sync. Unfortunately, Vidomi crashes on pass 2 of 3...