PDA

View Full Version : Edit all info in channel.dat file?

djmn
10-29-2002, 07:38 PM
ok, I'm going to use MVCh135.zip to get my locals (Minneapolis).
My question is simple:
I obviously put a # in front of all the different locals except minnesota's in the channel.dat, but at the end of the file there is a listing for all the regular channels that already have a # in front of them.
Do I disregard this, or do I need to remove the "#" from all the regualr channel that I want the guide to display also..
I guess the easy way of asking is...Does this channel.dat edit the entire guide (therefore to see MTV, i'd need to make sure there is not a # in front of it), or just amend it and pertain only to the locals?
Thanks

captain_video
10-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Just put the "#" in front of the local channels you do not want. Specify whether you want them in the 0-99's or the 900's by changing the number at the end of each desired local to a 1 or a 2, respectively. Just remember that if you want them to be in the 900's that you'll have to edit the rc.sysinint file so that mvchannels.tcl will be run in looping mode or the channels will drop out of the 900's. Ignore all of the channels that already have the # sign in front of them. You only need to edit the locals listings at the beginning of the file.