PDA

View Full Version : Diag Mode on DirecTivo

CyberMop
07-08-2001, 04:17 PM
I just bought a Sony T60 DirecTivo - only one problem... I can't get into the thing... On my SA I just boot it up and press enter in hyperterm but not on this combo unit... I did read somwehre that if the prom is a verson or higher you can't get into it this way... Can someone help me out here... I was hoping to hack the service state info soooo.... it's looking like I am SOL... Please help - thanks.

Lord Magnus
07-11-2001, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by CyberMop
I just bought a Sony T60 DirecTivo - only one problem... I can't get into the thing... On my SA I just boot it up and press enter in hyperterm but not on this combo unit... I did read somwehre that if the prom is a verson or higher you can't get into it this way... Can someone help me out here... I was hoping to hack the service state info soooo.... it's looking like I am SOL... Please help - thanks.

You will need to remove the drive and modify the rc.sysinit file on the harddisk. The procedure can be found at:

http://www.tivofaq.com/hack/

Go to part 4.6 - Getting a BASH prompt with Dylan's Bootdisk.

CyberMop
07-11-2001, 07:06 PM
Sorry - I should have updated this post.... I past that now - thanks for the reply tho:D