PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous audio sync problem...

TRILIGHT
11-29-2002, 11:00 PM
I've done a number of extractions now using TyTool5 and have not had a problem. I extract to my m2v video file and m2a audio file and everything has been fine. No sync problems at all. The one I have now is like a train that just jumps track and is totally ruined from there on out.

I am unsure if the location has anything to do with it, but I'll list it anyway. It's about 1hr 30min in. I recently recorded "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". I burned to DVD since everything seemed just fine. However, it's not. Audio is perfectly in sync all the way up until about an hour and a half in and then it is wrong from there on out. It's strange because there is seemingly no indication of why this happened. There are no "pops" or "clicks" or distortion of any type. Everything is going along just fine and then all of a sudden, it's out of sync.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen this strange "derailing" of the train and how to tell and/or fix it if there is a problem. One last note, I did not do any sort of editing to either file at all. They are the original extracted streams just like all of my other projects have been. The only thing that is different is that this is the largest extraction I've worked with. Most (even full movies) that I've done have been less than about 2GB. This one is just over. However, this is not a file system limitation as I am running XP and there is 50GB free on the drive. I just thought I'd mention the filesize since all others I've done have been smaller. I'm at a complete loss for why this happened. Any ideas??