PDA

View Full Version : message to sir_lunatic

Fugg
07-11-2001, 01:40 PM
sorry, can't email you here...

i've just read your last post at:
http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1902&pagenumber=2

as tivo is "forcing" me to cancel the sub on the tivo that i play with when they start upgrading everyone to software version 2.5,(the intended "locking" of the mfs region to defeat ExtractStream) i was following that thread with MUCH interest. it is not my intention to steal the service from tivo with the hacks that are already out there, but hopefully to be able to generate and load guide data on my own thereby maintaining system functionality with version 2.01, which tivo will refuse to support.(let it call in, get a software update weather you like it or not!)

needless to say, i was alittle let down when i started seeing:

"Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I think that perhaps we might be better off taking this into a private email-type thread.
...to continue along this path out in the open might cause tivo some big problems."
and:
"I tend to agree with *****, that we might need to take this off line."
and:
"As for tivo going out of business... Well, I certainly hope it does not happen and I definitely do not want to help it happen, but I agree that it would be a good idea for us to be ready in case it does."

...with version 2.5 and no guide data, MY tivo is out of business!!!

then i saw your post:
"I say keep it in open forum and allow others to join in freely. That was the purpose of this board to begin with."

Bless You Sir!

Fugg