PDA

View Full Version : tivo > pocket pc divx guide

zodiacal
12-03-2002, 12:36 AM
would anyone be interested if i write a walk thru that lists the steps to create a .avi for pocket divx? hopefully someone can turn it into a automated process with a script or somthing...

wallmartian
12-03-2002, 08:20 AM
Sure go ahead! I would be interested in it.

zodiacal
12-03-2002, 06:05 PM
basicly i follow this walk thru: http://pocketmatrix.com/guides/dvd2divx/#converting
i do a few things differntly tho:
i don't use YUV for color space i use RGB because YUV seems to distroy my output video by scrambling it.
i don't delete my interlaced frames as he says to do here:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/tmpg-ivtc.htm
i tried to do it but my video seems like it interlaces every 5 frames and not every 2 like he said it should.

is there a way i can turn this into an automated proccess to download the news to my pocket pc over night? the main problem is how do i have it automaticly find the ffsid of my show? is there a command line tool that will search the show listings by title or time and return the ffsid or let me extract the show via command line statments? then the rest would be farly simple im sure most of these program have command line options....

BubbleLamp
12-03-2002, 06:26 PM
So in other words, you didn't write anything, you just provided a link to someone elses work, and now you want someone here to figure out how to automate this for you. Is that about right? Sheesh:rolleyes:

zodiacal
12-03-2002, 06:28 PM
im hoping someone has allready automated the part i need... and i did change some stuff to make it work from a tivo not a dvd, it might help some people.

keith721
12-03-2002, 10:48 PM
zodiacal:

if you're willing to invest your own time and effort, have basic scripting skills, and are willing to learn a bit of TCL and/or Bash scripting, i believe you'll find all the pieces you need on this message board. here's a list of some of the items you can find here, using the Search function of the board:

NowShowing.tcl - this TCL script walks through the NowShowing data in your TiVo's MFS database. it clearly documents the show title and FSID information you'll need. it has been around for a while: AlphaWolf updated it several months ago, jdiner snagged code from it for his tytool client/server app, rc3105 (riley) used similar techniques in his video extraction/insertion scripts. (shameful :o plug: i even posted a DOS batch script some months back for automating mfs_stream and vsplit processing of tystreams, using an NFS mounted drive in my Windoze machine.)

Proven Concept: Tivo Stream Importing - the title of a message thread containing riley's extract/import scripts, which may be useful to you.

cron - the classic UNIX scheduling utility, compiled for the TiVo's Linux operating system. cron allows you to schedule regular execution of a script or program at specific times.

mfs_stream - extracts and exports video data from TiVo's MFS database to external ty files.

vsplit - jdiner's tyfile-to-elementary stream conversion utility

BeSweet - audio re-sampling

mplex - multiplexes elementary MPEG audio and video streams into an MPEG file

someone even posted a two or three line Bash script to pipe the ty data into vsplit, over to BeSweet, and then to mplex. look for messages about Linux-only processing of TiVo data streams. take all these resources, add in the extra processing you require for Divx, and you should be able to get there.

good luck !! :D :D

keith721

zodiacal
12-04-2002, 04:49 AM
how does the NowShowing.tcl file work? tivoapp/tytool connect to it right? is it just a web server? how would i connect to it and return the fsid of a episode title? i belive if i find the fsid i can then use ./sendstream -s fsid| nc -n -w 5 RemoteIP 1200
then on my windows box i can do nc -l -p 1200 > nameofshow.ty
you said that you made some batch files, do they extract to windows or linux?

keith721
12-04-2002, 12:19 PM
okay, this one's a freebee :D

i used the search button (up there near the top of the page, on the right between f.a.q. and home buttons) and searched using the following values:

Search by keyword: script NFS
Search by username: keith721
Search entire posts
Show results as posts

and found it at this link: (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=46105&highlight=script+NFS#post46105)

see if that helps you get started...

zodiacal
12-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Thank you!
when i try to run MyList.tcl i get this error:

bash: /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/MyList.tcl: No such file or directory

i put it in that directory tho and chmod 777 MyList.tcl and changed the source path like the instructions said to point to util.itcl path by making it ./util.itcl

keith721
12-04-2002, 01:28 PM
there's a few places in the script where i hardcoded locations specific to my own configuration, both on the TiVo, and on my Windoze system. take the time to review the areas of the script that initialize the output file channels, and create the output batch and XML files, and you should be able to modify it to better suit your own personal configuration, including the Divx processing.

remember that this script was hacked together back in May, and i was using an NFS mounted drive. you'll probably want to use a few different tools (for instance, sendstream and netcat/nc).