View Full Version : Don't desert us old friend Jdiner

snoopy
12-05-2002, 03:02 PM
We want you.
We need you.
Everybody likes you.

BubbleLamp
12-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Why don't you and RxMan cut the guy some slack. I hope he takes off from now 'til new years, if he can. This isn't his job, remember. Maybe he found a paying gig. Whatever his reasons, let the guy be.

snoopy
12-06-2002, 09:42 AM
I didn't exactly say anything rude before your comment there bubble lamp. Quite the contrary. However my mood has just changed for 'you'. The comment was nice and was in no way directed to you. Perhaps if you would put that lamp back in that bubble but of yours, you would see that and leave "me" alone.

AlphaWolf
12-06-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by snoopy
I didn't exactly say anything rude before your comment there bubble lamp. Quite the contrary. However my mood has just changed for 'you'. The comment was nice and was in no way directed to you. Perhaps if you would put that lamp back in that bubble but of yours, you would see that and leave "me" alone.

Don't be a jackass, BubbleLamp has a perfectly valid point, quit bothering him for software releases, its that kind of crap that makes people get tired of working on freeware projects.

cwingert
12-06-2002, 01:17 PM
No offsense to jdiner, but I think him stopping development would be a good thing. It will give momentum to Olaf and in no time he will be at the point where JDiner is today (and we will have the source).

In the meantime, you can just patch the latest vsplit to get you more than 2k chunks.

rd001
12-06-2002, 02:39 PM
We'll all be happy when Josh comes back.

We'll be happy with his new release of muxing/editing.

We'll be happy when Olaf achieves the goals he and the others are working toward with their project(s).

Let's not start the kind of thread that Josh doesn't want to have to read when he comes back. And I don't think Olaf has any fondness for it either. We've all read enough of those threads and everybody knows where everybody else stands on the "issues".

It really isn't a question of Josh's project vs. Olaf's project. It's not one or the other. Let's enjoy each software in its own time and give the authors the credit they're due.

We're lucky anyone with talent is willing to write substantial freeware for DTivo freaks. We're even luckier to have two talented individuals working at the muxing problem from their own angles.

Patience. Josh will be back.

cwingert
12-06-2002, 05:10 PM
This is exactly the attitude that I am trying to avoid. "Don't upset jdiner, he might leave, and then where will we be."

You can't do that with open source. Developers come and go as they please. However, the community effort remains behind. Imagine if Linus would have taken this attitude.

Anyway.

jdiner
12-06-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cwingert
No offsense to jdiner, but I think him stopping development would be a good thing. It will give momentum to Olaf and in no time he will be at the point where JDiner is today (and we will have the source).

In the meantime, you can just patch the latest vsplit to get you more than 2k chunks.

So once again we are back to the jdiner is the root of all that is wrong get over it. If Olaf lacks momentum it is his worry, not mine. I couldn't care less, by and large, what he does with his stuff. I work on mine because I want to.

Get over it. Get past it. Stifle yourself. Whatever it takes. But let's not ever say this or anything like it again. Nothing I do is designed to harm anyone else.

And the source is not the end all be all. Trust me.

--jdiner

jdiner
12-06-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by cwingert
This is exactly the attitude that I am trying to avoid. "Don't upset jdiner, he might leave, and then where will we be."

You can't do that with open source. Developers come and go as they please. However, the community effort remains behind. Imagine if Linus would have taken this attitude.

I never said I was gone. I never said I was going. I wound up needed medical care.

So I am no linus... Ever tried to deal with him directly? And you think I am bad... You know what forget it. This thread it done it is pointless.

--jdiner