PDA

View Full Version : tserver_mfs5 problem

IndieRockSteve
12-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Our power went out, and when my tivo came back on tserver_mfs5 can't run NowShowing.tcl
but if I run it manually when I've telnet'd into my tivo it runs fine. Both files are in the same directory and being run via /var/hack/bin/tserver_mfs5 and /var/hack/bin/NowShowing.tcl
also, if i kill tserver_mfs5 and try to run it again i get this error:
Doing the Lowest PriorityFix...
Priority set...
Bad binding in the server: Address already in use
and it won't load.
Any idea how to fix either of these problems?

thanks!

jdiner
12-06-2002, 08:57 PM
You need to close the client. I did not use so_reuseaddr when I created the socket. So the server can't get access until the socket/port/proto tuple is completely free. So close the client, wait for... oh say 60 seconds and then restart them all and you should be off to the races again.

--jdiner

IndieRockSteve
12-07-2002, 09:50 AM
jdiner,
thanks, that works. Now is there a reason tserver can't "find" NowShowing.tcl? In playing around, it seems like sometimes it can find it and sometimes it can't.

Thanks!

jdiner
12-07-2002, 04:28 PM
It only looks in the CWD. Current working directory.

So if you do

"
cd /
/var/hack/1/tserver_mfs
"

to start the server the problem is that the current working directory is / not /var/hack/1/...

So a better way to do it is:

"
cd /var/hack/1
./tserver_mfs
"

--jdiner

IndieRockSteve
12-07-2002, 05:39 PM
ah, ok, well I'll make a shell script to run it then.

thanks jdiner!
(p.s. its still working great in linux with Wine!)

rd001
12-07-2002, 09:27 PM
I set up my terminal to invoke it automatically via macro when I telnet in to the box.

When I quit, the server dies of neglect but I generally kill it manually first. We had a thread here with details if you're interested. Here's a link to the page where I posted a description. Probably more than you need but it might give you some ideas for automation. Funny thing, you posted on that same page too about Linux/Wine.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14838&perpage=40&highlight=TeraTerm%20macro&pagenumber=4