PDA

View Full Version : Utv

stealth1
12-08-2002, 09:25 PM
Am having a problem with this UTV IRD, when i hook it up i get all the channels just fine, but pic has wavey lines and is fuzzy, i changed the cables and still bad reception, my signal strength is 96%, with any other ird the pic is crystal clear, just the UTV ird is not, any insight is appeciated.

mrblack51
12-08-2002, 09:58 PM
when using DTV or dish network recievers, problems with the sat signal show up as blocks in the picture. problems between the reciever and the tv show up as noise such as static and such.

if you have switched out with known good cables, there is probably something wrong with the output section of your UTV

stealth1
12-09-2002, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the reply, still working on it

fixn278
12-09-2002, 04:43 PM
Try running the power and video/sat cables away from each other (tie them off so they don't come near each other whenever possible.)

You can also try a surge protector with a filter.

blahman
12-11-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by stealth1
Am having a problem with this UTV IRD, when i hook it up i get all the channels just fine, but pic has wavey lines and is fuzzy, i changed the cables and still bad reception, my signal strength is 96%, with any other ird the pic is crystal clear, just the UTV ird is not, any insight is appeciated.

The wavy lines sound like interference. First q: how is your UTV connected to your TV? Direct, through another device, etc, etc... Suggestion: Try connecting it directly to TV if it is not directly connected.

Second q: You stated you tried changing cables. Does that include cables from the UTV to the TV?

Third q: Have you tried (for the purpose of troubleshooting) longer cables from the UTV out to the TV and putting the UTV much further from the TV itself?

Fourth q: Have you tried plugging the UTV into an outlet on a different breaker than the outlet the TV is plugged into? As sometimes in poorly wired electrical systems noise can be transmitted in the power system. NOTE: If this works I highly recommend getting one of those little rat shack testers that checks for Ground/Neutral/HOT miss-wiring. I'd also recommend hiring an electrician to go over the wiring in your home.

That's about it for now. I might have some other solutions or things you could try after you respond to the above 4 questions.