PDA

View Full Version : TyTool & 0k output

gregjsmith
12-15-2002, 05:19 PM
Sorry for the newbie question. I got my Tivo set up far enough that I can telnet and run TyTool. I've used TyTool 4 & 5. So far it seems to extract some data but I'm left with 0k files in my output directory. I know it does something becasue it takes a while to do it and I get a % in the command line and TyTool indicates it mb downloaded.

Have a T60.

BubbleLamp
12-15-2002, 05:33 PM
You are trying to extract scrambled shows, which doesn't work. You need to run noscramble, and files recorded with it running will be extractable.

gregjsmith
12-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Thanks, still learning. So am I to understand that the stuff I already have saved wont be extractable? Since I didnt already have the noscramble running?

zeek
12-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by gregjsmith
the stuff I already have saved wont be extractable? Since I didnt already have the noscramble running?

That's correct-
search for the term 'noscramble' in this and the dTiVo forum (maybe regular TiVo forum, too... I don't usually read that one)

zeek

ArcticGabe
12-21-2002, 01:09 PM
greg,

I was running into the same problems. check out my other post here (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20435) where I summarized everything I've learned from everybody on this awsome forum.

Good luck.