PDA

View Full Version : Tytool rebooting problem

captain_video
12-16-2002, 10:24 AM
I've been noticing a stange thing with my DTivo lately. Sometimes when I'm extracting videos from my DTivo, the program locks up (i.e. simply stops extracting) and I have to close it out and start a new telnet session to get it going again. I also noticed that my DTivo was rebooting during the extraction session and then giving me an IVAC message (invalid access card) after it booted back up. I'm assuming that the extraction process was halted due to the reboot, causing an interruption in the telnet session.

I'm using both a test card and a subbed card in the DTivo and I get the same thing with either one. I don't have a problem with my other DTivo (both are DSR6000's with the same image and upgrades/mods, including the bins used on the test cards). This all seems to occur if I'm trying to extract and use the DTivo to watch another show at the same time. I'm guessing that I'm running too many processes simultaneously until the DTivo overloads and reboots, probably because of a glitch somewhere in the Tivo software from a corrupted file or other anomaly. I tend to use the one DTivo more than the other for extraction as I seem to get cleaner extractions with it (fewer OOB errors or GOP faults).

I will probably reload a backup of the DTivo image during the holidays after I clear out the backlog of unwatched shows. I figure starting with a clean image should take care of the problem.

nilknarf
12-16-2002, 05:43 PM
I'm having a very similar problem.....see thread (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=20218)

SR712
12-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Capt'n, I had the same problem this morning, trying to mfs_extract to my PC nfs server. I tried three times, and it always would reboot part way through it. I then put the sub card in it, and put the unit in standby, and was successful. But you are right, I do think there is something going on. :confused:

jdiner
12-21-2002, 03:21 PM
Please check the TyTool #5 thread in this same forum. I have been looking into this and think the problem might be the driver. The ax88796.o kernel module. I have no crashing problems, and after the testing done by a few others I think this might be the issue. I put the driver module that I use up in that thread. It is older, but as I said I have no problems.

So... Captain_video if you are still having issues then that seems the next best thing to try.

--jdiner