PDA

View Full Version : Extracting from Tivo and Encoding for Pocket PC

Barrett
12-19-2002, 10:46 PM
I have a Pocket PC coming in the mail, and am going to be encoding shows into WMV to watch on it, Right now I have My tivo set to encode at SVCD quality, and When i open the mpg files media player gets an error saying codec could not be downloaded, but plays the show fine.. BUT when i open the same file with windows media encoder it says it cannot find the codec to open and will not let me edit the file, So what do i need to change so I can be able to convert these? what exactly makes it think it needs a codec? Should I set my tivo to different resources so when i mux it to mpeg it plays fine? any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.

edit: I forgot to add, the fastest method I can figure out so far is to reencode the mpg file to regular mpeg-1 with TMPG but that takes soooo long.

zodiacal
12-20-2002, 09:09 PM
you might need to update your mpeg2 codec by installing a dvd software player that usualy installs it for me. such as powerdvd.
i use pocketdivx to play them on my ipaq 3870 pocket pc and it works pretty good. im am still currently writing scripts to automate the transcoding proccess over night. here is info i posted the other day: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20008