PDA

View Full Version : corrupted video

Bigdog999
12-20-2002, 09:42 PM
extracted video with tytool 5, muxed it with tmpgenc 2.59, everything looked fine. authored it with spruceup and created iso image, burned with recordnow max. burned video has portions of higher speed video as well as slightly distorted video....any thoughts.

BD38
12-21-2002, 06:12 AM
If you're importing into a DVD authoring app, why are you giving it muxed input? The muxing is probably what is causing the problem.

Bigdog999
12-21-2002, 07:55 AM
well if I try to add the m2v video to spruceup otherwise, I get "illegal picture resolution for dvd", and don't know how to remedy that

captain_video
12-21-2002, 09:59 AM
You need to use DVD Patcher to patch the first header to 720X480 resolution. Check out page 3 of the How Tos Only sticky thread in the DirecTivo Hacking forum. Look for the file downloads post under my user name. You will find a link for DVD Patcher. Here's the correct process for extracting and importing videos using SpruceUp and DVD Patcher:

10 Extract and split the tystream into m2a and m2v files.

2) Open up DVD Patcher and select the m2v file to be patched. The correct format will be set when the file is selected (i.e. NTSC or PAL). Set the resolution to 720X480 and the bitrate to 15000 and select Patch Now. It occurs almost instantaneously. Do not close out DVD Patcher as you will need it again shortly (minimize the window to get it out of the way).

3) Open up SpruceUp and select the m2v file to be imported. The m2v file will process followed my the m2a file. You will get an error message about the last audio frame but that's OK Select OK or continue or whatever. You will then get an error message indicating that SpruceUp has caused an error and will shut down. Sometimes this will not occur but 95% of the time this is what you will see. If SpruceUp does not generate the error message and the video file shows up in the window, close it out manually.

4) Maximize the DVD Patcher and set the resolution back to 480X480 and repatch the first header. Now you can close DVD Patcher.

5) Open up SpruceUp again and reimport the m2v file. It should import right away. You can now author it by adding menus and buttons and chapter stops.

This process fools SpruceUp into thinking that the imported video has the correct DVD-compliant resolution. 480X480 (for a DirecTivo; I think the SA Tivo may be different but it's been a while since I've had one) is not a DVD-compliant format. The first time it's imported into SpruceUp, a set of preview files are generated. Once these have been made, it doesn't matter what the resolution of the imported video is because SpruceUp now thinks it is a DVD spec resolution.

Bigdog999
12-21-2002, 05:30 PM
thanks, guys. I was using tmpgenc to also crop the video. Is there another program I should be using?

captain_video....has anyone else had problems accessing that ftp site on the how-to sticky. Was trying to get to it to get maestro, but no go.

captain_video
12-21-2002, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure which link you're referring to because the links I provided (there are two for Maestro) were for websites and not ftp sites. I just checked the links and both are working fine. Here's (http://www.fukrulez.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=8) a direct link to the downloads section of www.fukrulez.com for getting DVD Maestro. Here's (http://www.cdrsoft.cc/index3.html) the link for Maestro at CDRSoft (they also have Prassi Primo DVD, Nero, and every other CD burning program in existence).

Bigdog999
12-22-2002, 01:44 PM
thanks again captain_video..those links work.

the other one I mentioned was:

Source for SpruceUp, DVDMaestro, Cinemaster, et al
One of our members, justintraining, was kind enough to provide an FTP site for our use. Due to the numerous requests for programs such as SpruceUp, DVDMaestro, Cinemaster 2000, to name just a few, I have uploaded these files to his FTP site for all to access. The address is:

ftp://63.165.143.229

I highly recommend using an FTP program such as CuteFTP for accessing this site and transferring files. There is no user name and password required so just set up the program for anonymous access. Enjoy!