PDA

View Full Version : Is Airnet Extraction a Reality?

nilknarf
12-20-2002, 10:31 PM
Has anybody been able to successfully extract using an airnet card? I'm starting to think I may have gotten ahead of myself by installing an airnet card in my DTivo and assuming that I would be able to extract video.

I've been trying for weeks with no luck. Tivo web, telnet and ftp all work fine with the card, but extraction using tytools5r2 and mfs_stream either crash the tivo or result in an incomplete download. I'm using an Orinoco Gold card with drivers from silicondust.

gregjsmith
12-21-2002, 12:13 AM
I've got Airnet and a Addtron card and have been extracting video with no problems. Initially I had problems becasue I didn't have the right software running on the Tivo. I have a DTivo.

nilknarf
12-21-2002, 10:46 AM
Would you mind giving a few details about your setup. It may help me diagnose my problem. What software are you using? How far away is your DTivo from your access point? What kind of download speeds are you seeing? Thanks!

Nevermind...I finally figured it out. My Orinoco card was the problem. I swapped it out with a Dell True Mobile (supposed to be the same card) and all is working now!