PDA

View Full Version : Still Cant Sync

wfg97079
12-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Ifoedit is a great too but I cannot for the life of me get it to sync. When I splite the ty file I get an offset of -7. Does that mean I should be -7 in as the value for offset or do I put in 7? ANy other ideas as to what I can try?

JeffDogg1979
12-27-2002, 10:33 PM
I feel your pain dude :)

zodiacal
12-30-2002, 01:02 AM
me too. tmpgenc does this anoying audio video delay. but when i use main concepts encoder it works fine. what settings am i doing wrong in tmpgenc? i would really like command line support that tmpgenc has to offer. i am using default svcd settings in both tmpgenc and maincontecpts encoder. please help

ghost_rdr
12-30-2002, 01:12 AM
all you need to do is have tytools5 extract the file as a m2v and m2a and not a ty file

let tytools do the spliting...thats what i do and it works fine

Ghost

zodiacal
12-30-2002, 06:32 PM
even then i still get audio video sync problems. i have found two work arounds. use DVD2AVI to create a project file .d2v and use that to frame server to tmpgenc. You could also multiplex the audio video streams with mplex or whatever before you transcode it in tmpgenc. since im going for automation i use th following: tivoweb > mfssteam > vsplit > mplex > tmpgenc (for svcd transcodeing) > burn.

Wooly
12-30-2002, 07:37 PM
In IFOEdit v.95 or higher, on the left hand side when you author a DVD, put in the .m2v and the .m2a/.ac3. Click on the audio stream and the section on the left will enable. if your offset is -7ms, enter a minus sign and you'll get some annoying message. Select Auchtn (yes) and you can then enter the 7 after the minus sign.

Anything greater than 40ms plus or minus (which is unheard of, but let's assume the theoretical) must be adjusted by an external program first (I use Ac3 Delay Correcter, but it's a personal preference) which will adjust in even blocks, from which you'll have some small residual which you'll enter into the delay area.

I use this process with IFOEdit and have produced several hundred DVD's without any problem.

BTW, IFOEdit .96 is SUPERB. I donated the $5 and it was the best $5 I ever spent. It seamlessly combines several streams into one DVD seperated out as chapters...works amazingly well, and no up/down conversion for video or audio is required. It just takes my crap and makes it work.

Originally posted by zodiacal
even then i still get audio video sync problems. i have found two work arounds. use DVD2AVI to create a project file .d2v and use that to frame server to tmpgenc. You could also multiplex the audio video streams with mplex or whatever before you transcode it in tmpgenc. since im going for automation i use th following: tivoweb > mfssteam > vsplit > mplex > tmpgenc (for svcd transcodeing) > burn.