PDA

View Full Version : Sony DRU500a Burning Software



nilknarf
12-22-2002, 03:40 PM
I have a bit of a problem. I used Ifoedit to mux my ty files, but now that I have the following files, I'm unsure how to get them to burned to DVD. I've read that most people use Nero, but Nero is not compatible with my burner (Sony DRU500a).

I've got the follwing files:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB

Can anyone recommend what steps I need to take next to create a dvd, including recommended software that will work with my burner. I don't care about editing or any special features right now. I just want a dvd that will play.

Thanks in advance.

bato
12-22-2002, 04:19 PM
This should work:

- drop all the files into a directory named VIDEO_TS
- create at the same level one named AUDIO_TS
- open Veritas RecordNow (or DX if you downloaded it) and create a Data DVD
- drag both AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS into the disc
- burn

BTW I'm running nero version 5.5.9.17.0 without problems, others say that 5.5.10.0 is working ok too.

nilknarf
12-22-2002, 04:32 PM
Thanks! So the AUDIO_TS directory is just an empty folder?

Erock
12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
nt

nilknarf
12-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Ok...I've gotten Nero 5.5.10.0 to burn my first disk. However, I burned the files to a DVD+RW and the video playback is very jittery. It keeps randomly pausing for half-seconds. Any ideas what could of happened? Could it be the DVD+RW media?

bato
12-23-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Erock
nt

?

They posted 5.5.9.17 for few days and then change the file for 5.5.9.17.1 but the name was the same, the later have problems closing the disc and locking up with the Sony, I use the earlier 5.5.9.17.0.


Originally posted by nilknarf
Thanks! So the AUDIO_TS directory is just an empty folder?

Yes, empty.


Originally posted by nilknarf
Ok...I've gotten Nero 5.5.10.0 to burn my first disk. However, I burned the files to a DVD+RW and the video playback is very jittery. It keeps randomly pausing for half-seconds. Any ideas what could of happened? Could it be the DVD+RW media?

You don't say if you play it back in your Sony DRU500A or in a stand alone player. I have problems like this in my Daewoo but with my father's Philips there is no problem (with +RW). -R play great in my player.

If the playback is in the Sony, then I don't know why.

almontebarnes
12-23-2002, 02:01 AM
...but using nero 5.5.9.17 and 5.5.10 on my dru500a with the 1.0d & 1.0f BIOS, I've had no problem with my burned tyDVDs... I'm using FujiFilm DVD+R; HP & Sony DVD+RW; Verbatim DVD+R; Verbatim DVD-R 2x (which even according to Sony, shouldn't work). I've tried them on a variety of DVD players with perfect playback; but they all have been newer.

Sorry... I know this doesn't help much, but it should eliminate Nero as a problem. Have you tried multiple DVD players; software players; did you burn w/o many buffer underruns?

nilknarf
12-23-2002, 02:03 AM
I tried it in my Sony and and a Pioneer DVD-Rom drive. Same cruddy playback in both. I also tried it in my home player, but the CD+RW is not recognized at all by my Toshiba DVD Player. I tried a second movie that I've extracted, but it also plays back all jumpy.

Are there any test files out there that I can burn to my DVD+RW so that I can make sure that it's not a burner/player or media problem?

nilknarf
12-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Very odd.....I just tried to burn the same image to a DVD-R and I get the same jittery playback on my PC. However, my Toshiba home player recognizes and plays the DVD with no pausing/skipping/jittering. EXCEPT there are two major new problems.

1. The screen image looks like this: Screen Shot (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oyez/scooby.jpg) Is this because I didn't do the resolution fake out patch? I didn't think I needed to with Ifoedit.

2. There is no audo at all


Again, the screen looks fine on my PC and I get perfect audio, but the playback is all jittery?

Anybody seen this before?

bato
12-23-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by nilknarf
Very odd.....I just tried to burn the same image to a DVD-R and I get the same jittery playback on my PC. However, my Toshiba home player recognizes and plays the DVD with no pausing/skipping/jittering. EXCEPT there are two major new problems.

1. The screen image looks like this: Screen Shot (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oyez/scooby.jpg) Is this because I didn't do the resolution fake out patch? I didn't think I needed to with Ifoedit.

2. There is no audo at all


Again, the screen looks fine on my PC and I get perfect audio, but the playback is all jittery?

Anybody seen this before?

jittery playback on PC can be attributed to bad installation or conflict with the mpeg2 decoders, if I play a file with the ATI player is all as you described but with PowerDVD all is fine. I have to make a clean install anyway so I use the chance to install only the software I use.

For the 2 problems:

1.- Your stand alone player can't play DVDs at 480x480, it doesn't stretch to full screen the video so it puts another chunk in there to fill the 704/720 requierement

2.- Because it doesn't work right with video I guess also have a problem with the audio.

If you need a new DVD player, make some test DVD and try them before you buy. Like +RW in the player, odd resolutions (480x480 or 544x480), etc.

nilknarf
12-23-2002, 02:09 PM
Bato, looks like you hit it on the money. I tried playback using WinDVD and it plays back fine on my PC. Looks like I'll be shopping for a new home player.

Anybody know of a list of players that support 480x480?