PDA

View Full Version : is there a how to om....

defsrg
12-25-2002, 01:11 AM
ive just used ghost riders how to make a dvd with no encoding which for all of you just starting is awesome!!! thanx ghost!! my only question is how to i now put more than one episode on a dvd? do i incorporate them all into spruce up at the same time and just make one big project or can i just burn all the individual vob files with Nero? i think the latter might be a problem as there will be multiple vob,ifo,and bup files with the same name.
thanx and thanx again to ghost, your awesome dude!!! this was my first dvd that wasnt grainy ,out of sync, or just plain sucked, it looks just like the sat feed. coollllllllllllllllllll
________
Nevada dispensary (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

ghost_rdr
12-25-2002, 01:29 AM
Cool... Im glad it worked for you man. being that it is 12:38am christmas morning / eve night. I just checked mail. and dont have time right this minute to type up a how to for that. but no worries after christmas man I will let you know how to do what your looking for..its a little more complicated. would prob be easier to chat with me about it...cause there are diff varietions for what your trying to do. I will put something together. I apologoze for not doing it now but i ave to much to do with christmas and my son.

MERRY XMAS ALL!!!!

Ghost_rdr

defsrg
12-25-2002, 01:33 AM
understood bro got 3 of my own i was just so close today didnt want to stop. be looking forward to the next step after the holiday!! merry christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!
________
Vaporizers (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

captain_video
12-25-2002, 10:55 AM
You can put multiple episodes on a DVD using either SpruceUp or DVD Maestro. SpruceUp is easiest because the menu function is built right into the program. Just import multiple episodes into the work area and then select a background and buttons. Add some text and position the buttons and text frames anywhere you like. You can also create your own backgrounds and buttons and import them into the styles gallery. You can also capture images from the video and use it as a background. You'll need to expand the image size using MS Paint and then save them in the larger size (otherwise they only get displayed as a 480X480 image and won't fill up the screen).

Once you've got your background and menu buttons, right-click on the button and associate it with a video segment or chapter within the video. You can set up chapter stops by right clicking on the video file in the working window and selecting clip properties. Advance the slider to where you want to add a chapter stop and click on the little red flag button. Moving the slider with the cursor provides a course adjustment. Using the cursor keys advances it in 1-second increments. Close the clip properties window when finished, associate the menu buttons with the video and chapter if you haven't already done so, and select the simulate button. Click on a menu button and the video you associated with that button should begin at the designated chapter point. Check each chapter stop and make sure it's where you want it. If not, go back to the author window and make any changes in the clip properties window. You can click on the chapter stop flags and delete them or use the arrows in the box at the lower right of the window to advance to the desired chapter point and hit delete. Note that any new chapter stops added to replace deleted ones will have to be renamed in the box at the right to keep them in numerical order. Go back to the simulate screen and double-check everything until you're satisfied with the finished product. If everything looks good, go to the export window and name the project in the window at the upper right. There are a couple of checkboxes at the lower half of the screen that ask if you want to include a demo version of SpruceUp and the DVD player software on the DVD compilation. Uncheck these unless you feel you need to include them. Save the project and then select the output as a title set and click on the write button.

The project will be compiled into a VIDEO_TS folder in the SpruceUp Working directory that can be burned to a DVD using Nero when it's complete. Note that these authoring functions are not possible with IFOEdit as it does not have the menu capability and the chapter stops are not at all accurate for precise placement. It may be fine for putting a single show or movie on a DVD but is severely lacking when it comes to actually authoring a DVD. It's basically a quick and dirty method of dumping a video to DVD with almost no options available. For archiving shows to DVD you need a real authoring program and IFOEdit just doesn't cut it in this area.

laserfan
12-25-2002, 02:14 PM
I would add only:

- Test the heck out of your VIDEO_TS folder on hard disk before burning
- Don't be tempted to use SpruceUp to burn; I have made several coasters w/SU
- Use Nero instead if you have it, and select DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) mode (the selection at the very bottom of the list)

This method has been extremely reliable for me.

defsrg
12-25-2002, 02:47 PM
thanx for the replies fellas
capt video,
thats a good tutorial for authoring a regular dvd movie with spruce up im sure it will help those that would like to do that.
laserfan,
yes i do use nero for that and i totally agree it is extremely reliable.
but what ghost rdr is going to do is give me the how to on using his non encoding method found in the how to's for multple files on a dvd, like say a tv series so that your not using a 4.7 gig disc for a 45 min, 650mb, file using his method. i am looking to try and squeeze 3 episodes of buffy the vampire slayer on one disc. thanx again for the input though fellas i do have a couple of movies taped that i will definately use this info for.
________
Infant wellbutrin (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

ghost_rdr
12-26-2002, 02:55 PM
To make multi shows on one dvd
Captian video posted a great way for you to do what your looking to do here

Originally posted by captain_video
You can put multiple episodes on a DVD using either SpruceUp or DVD Maestro. SpruceUp is easiest because the menu function is built right into the program. Just import multiple episodes into the work area and then select a background and buttons. Add some text and position the buttons and text frames anywhere you like. You can also create your own backgrounds and buttons and import them into the styles gallery. You can also capture images from the video and use it as a background. You'll need to expand the image size using MS Paint and then save them in the larger size (otherwise they only get displayed as a 480X480 image and won't fill up the screen).

Once you've got your background and menu buttons, right-click on the button and associate it with a video segment or chapter within the video. You can set up chapter stops by right clicking on the video file in the working window and selecting clip properties. Advance the slider to where you want to add a chapter stop and click on the little red flag button. Moving the slider with the cursor provides a course adjustment. Using the cursor keys advances it in 1-second increments. Close the clip properties window when finished, associate the menu buttons with the video and chapter if you haven't already done so, and select the simulate button. Click on a menu button and the video you associated with that button should begin at the designated chapter point. Check each chapter stop and make sure it's where you want it. If not, go back to the author window and make any changes in the clip properties window. You can click on the chapter stop flags and delete them or use the arrows in the box at the lower right of the window to advance to the desired chapter point and hit delete. Note that any new chapter stops added to replace deleted ones will have to be renamed in the box at the right to keep them in numerical order. Go back to the simulate screen and double-check everything until you're satisfied with the finished product. If everything looks good, go to the export window and name the project in the window at the upper right. There are a couple of checkboxes at the lower half of the screen that ask if you want to include a demo version of SpruceUp and the DVD player software on the DVD compilation. Uncheck these unless you feel you need to include them. Save the project and then select the output as a title set and click on the write button.

The project will be compiled into a VIDEO_TS folder in the SpruceUp Working directory that can be burned to a DVD using Nero when it's complete. Note that these authoring functions are not possible with IFOEdit as it does not have the menu capability and the chapter stops are not at all accurate for precise placement. It may be fine for putting a single show or movie on a DVD but is severely lacking when it comes to actually authoring a DVD. It's basically a quick and dirty method of dumping a video to DVD with almost no options available. For archiving shows to DVD you need a real authoring program and IFOEdit just doesn't cut it in this area.

He is correct that ifoedit will have NO MENU's. jsut so you know

if you just want the say (3 eps of buffy) to play when you put the dvd in then you can follow this.

Easyiest and fastest

take the m2v and m2a files and open up ifoedit
authoer new dvd and add files
then hit new title and add next episode
(keep doing this for as many episodes ans you want)
remember you only have 4.7 gig

then hit ok and it will mux and compile the .vob files and you can create disk image from there.

this will get you started.

I will be posting more ways to do this in my other thread ( the one with the guide)
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/s...&threadid=20456

they will be psted soon but are much more complicated

Thanks,
Ghost_rdr

if you use msn msger you can add me to your list at ghost_rd@hotmail.com if you wanna chat about this