PDA

View Full Version : HELP !! Access my Tivo ???

FlyBoy
12-29-2002, 11:35 PM
Any of you longtime thread posters, experts, etc... want to help me out by installing the noscramble and the web server for extracting, update my sysinit , etc... ? I'll grant access to my Tivo thru telnet and FTP. I'd really appreciate it ! I'm new to Linux and nervous about messing it up ! I did install the Turbonet , tivoweb and ftp on my own though....

Let me know !

Thanks,
Chris

ghost_rdr
12-29-2002, 11:40 PM
what model tivo you have? is it stand alone or dtivo? and what software you running.

Ghost

FlyBoy
12-29-2002, 11:46 PM
oops...sorry... I have a Sony Sat T60... it still has 2.5.2 somethin on it.... only modifications on it is TivoWeb, FTP, Turbonet, telnet...

I'd like to add the items necessary for the easiest way to extract. I've been reading about the webserver interface ? Does that mean I need to turn off TivoWeb ?

I've been reading about Tytool5....does it seem like the best way to go ? also need the noscramble, maybe the one that toggles ? Though if it's easier, I could delete all my scrambled shows and start over with non scrambled ??

Also my tivoweb is not in my sysinit, or path, so I have to reactivate when I restart...

I'm open to suggestions from the experts !

Thanks,
Chris

ghost_rdr
12-29-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by FlyBoy
oops...sorry... I have a Sony Sat T60... it still has 2.5.2 somethin on it.... only modifications on it is TivoWeb, FTP, Turbonet, telnet...

I'd like to add the items necessary for the easiest way to extract. I've been reading about the webserver interface ? Does that mean I need to turn off TivoWeb ?

I've been reading about Tytool5....does it seem like the best way to go ? also need the noscramble, maybe the one that toggles ? Though if it's easier, I could delete all my scrambled shows and start over with non scrambled ??

Also my tivoweb is not in my sysinit, or path, so I have to reactivate when I restart...

I'm open to suggestions from the experts !

Thanks,
Chris

hey chris,

if you use msn msger add me and we can chat about it : ghost_rdr@hotmail.com

or i can be reached on irc.uicn.net #tivo

i would want to chat with you and ask you a few things before I go into your system

Ghost

FlyBoy
12-30-2002, 12:19 AM
Ghost Rider was kind enough to offer some help, but I still need a little more. I'm not using the Kraven update, so I still need help with the no Scramble. Anyone willing to help me get it installed ! It would be great !

Thanks,
Chris