PDA

View Full Version : Phillips dsr6000 repair parts transponder issue

neckbonenick
01-01-2003, 09:36 PM
In all your infinite experience. Does anyone know what part gets replaced in a phillips dsr6000 when the issue of only half the transponders (like only odd or even) come in? It's gonna cost me $80 to have it fixed and they won't say what part becuase then I could fix it myself? Who on this board has had the same problem? Who has had it repaired or repaired it yourself?

BubbleLamp
01-01-2003, 10:24 PM
More likely it's a problem with your LNB, cable, or multi-switch. Do you have another receiver you can swap for the Tivo to confirm it isn't any/all of the above?

neckbonenick
01-02-2003, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I tried one of my other recievers on both lnb's and it get both odd and even transponders. I read in a post over at dssunderground that it may very well be a transistor that provides power to the lnb. I need to whip out my volt meter and test if I have voltage (high and low) on odd and evens. They sais this is done by connecting the meter to the threaded connector and to the wire.

BubbleLamp
01-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by neckbonenick
Yeah, I tried one of my other recievers on both lnb's and it get both odd and even transponders. I read in a post over at dssunderground that it may very well be a transistor that provides power to the lnb. I need to whip out my volt meter and test if I have voltage (high and low) on odd and evens. They sais this is done by connecting the meter to the threaded connector and to the wire.

Yea, one (odd/even) should be nominal 18 volts, the other 13.

neckbonenick
01-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Well, I tested the known good tuner and it clearly shows voltage of 18 and 13. The second input hardly registers at all and doesn't really put out any voltage. I believe this must be the problem. Now I need to find out where I can order the part and how to install the LNB Supply and Control Vregs. Hopefully someone in here has done this before.

cali
01-11-2003, 07:49 PM
I have the SONY PART # for the part, cost about $8, backordered as usual.
Send me a PM if interested, and Ill send u the #.
Dont have it handy right now.