PDA

View Full Version : Header patching via a batch file?

Fugg
01-02-2003, 10:11 AM
First off, thanks to all who built the tools and shared their techniques on how to get a simple dvd from dtivo vids. It kicks major butt and is just way too easy! THANKS!!;)

I'm using the spruceup method to get multiple titles w/a simple menu and have a question...

I'm using dvdpatcher to do the first header rewrite trick to 720 to get the vid loaded and it works great, but...

With the idea that the dtivo's incredible compression allows 7 to 8 thirty min vids to fit easily on one dvd(at least on network stuff, possibly more!), is there any way to batch the header rewrites?

I'm hoping to be able to apply the patch to all mpv's in a directory before importing, and then to re-patch back to 480 when done using a batch file.

..not that i'm fussing or anything, but i'm just trying to speed up the process if possible.

btw, i'm able to use tmpegenc to mux, edit, demux and import to spruce without any problems so far. ....this is just way too sweet!!

Pr.Sinister
01-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Hey there Fugg,

My alter ego, Jack, is always willing to help so he decided
to write up a few batch files that will patch .m2v files for ya.

He even made a tutorial on how to use them and how to
add them to your Windows Explorer Context Menu (Right-Click Menu)

Isn't he nice? ;)

The batch files and tutorial are posted HERE (http://www.pailliere.com/jackknows/)

-Pr.

Fugg
01-03-2003, 03:31 PM
I followed your link and I'm printing as I type...

the only thing i can think to say is...

Thanks man!!! This is exactly what I was looking for!!!

That Jack....

He must be one hellovaguy!!!!

:D

saltydog4791
01-03-2003, 06:08 PM
this is sweet but when I go to view the tutorial, it tells me I am not allowed to view it. So I became a member but still no go. I can't wait for "Jack" to help me out but I am stuck.

saltydog4791

Pr.Sinister
01-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by saltydog4791
this is sweet but when I go to view the tutorial, it tells me I am not allowed to view it. So I became a member but still no go. I can't wait for "Jack" to help me out but I am stuck.

saltydog4791

Weird... i just went on and i am not even logged on and it works fine...

When you became a member, did you logon? It's at the top right
of the page...

-Pr.

saltydog4791
01-03-2003, 10:33 PM
I don't get it. I am definitely logged in. When I click the hyperlink tutorial, it forwards me to a page that says you are not allowed to do that. I don't get it. Would you mind just posting it to the forum? Or PM me?

TIA,

saltydog4791

zabs
01-04-2003, 01:55 AM
Salty try just putting the url in a browswer:

http://www.pailliere.com/jackknows/

wolkowh
01-04-2003, 11:05 AM
This is very nice, I usually do a drag and drop and get into a rhythm by this kicks butt :)
Howard

Pr.Sinister
01-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by saltydog4791
I don't get it. I am definitely logged in. When I click the hyperlink tutorial, it forwards me to a page that says you are not allowed to do that. I don't get it. Would you mind just posting it to the forum? Or PM me?

TIA,

saltydog4791

The direct link to the how-to is :

http://www.pailliere.com/jackknows/howto/headerbatch.html