PDA

View Full Version : vsplit MUX?

ewodzien
01-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Hi All:

I've been enjoying this thread for some time and have been anxiously awaiting the non-limited version of jdiner's vsplit MUXing program. All of my tests have shown this will be the answer to most (all?) of my DVD-burning problems.

I hope jdiner is doing well; I know he's feel feeling a little under the weather and with the holidays and all, I'm sure he has much better things to do than work on vsplit.

I was curious if anyone has heard anything about a possible release timetable?

Thanks for your time!

-Ed

captain_video
01-03-2003, 09:17 AM
As with anything jdiner has accomplised for us, it will get done when it's done. You can't rush greatness, just like a fine wine. The man has a life beyond this forum so all we can do is sit back and wait until he has the time to toss us the next bone. I haven't had a chance to play around with his vsplitmux program yet since it is limited as to how large a file it will work on. There are other methods for muxing currently available. If you're looking for a solution that will allow you to edit your ty-videos you might want to try the method using SpruceUp/Maestro (with DVD Patcher), Smart Ripper, and TMPGEnc. You can set your chapter stops in either authoring program (Maestro is more accurate) and then use Smart Ripper to re-rip the compiled VOB files to delete the unwanted segments. Do a simple de-mux using TMPGEnc and then re-author the video using SpruceUp or Maestro, sans commercials and other unwanted footage. Not the most elegant of solutions but it does work and you shouldn't have any audio sync issues.