PDA

View Full Version : Changing resolution via tivo web

cfbham
01-04-2003, 03:28 PM
I'm trying to change the resolution of recorded shows using tivo web resource editor. I change the bitrate, hit update resources and then ,manually reboot tivo. After reboot occurs the resolutions are back to what they were. Suggestions?

mpauley
01-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Are you using a SA or DirecTivo? What brandname? What software version are you using?

--mp

Hi8
01-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by cfbham
I'm trying to change the resolution of recorded shows using tivo web resource editor. I change the bitrate, hit update resources and then ,manually reboot tivo. After reboot occurs the resolutions are back to what they were. Suggestions?

make sure you only change ONE of the field values in the form, then hit update.. takes alot longer as you have to wait for the page to refresh for each parameter change, but they will stick, after a reboot.

cfbham
01-05-2003, 02:53 AM
My unit is SA Phillips HR212 - ugraded to 100 hrs, tubonet, tivo web 1.9.4b4.

Tried the changing one value at a time - and reboot each time. Didn't work either.

Just to walk thru the process. I open Tivo Web, click resource editor, select bitrates, change the catv basic resolution to 2, click resource editor, click update resources, manually reboot tivo. Wait, reopen tivo web, click bitratres, catv basic resolution still is 1. Have never had any other troubles doing mods - I'm stumped.

larzo
01-05-2003, 05:25 AM
Try hitting enter after updating each value... sound weird but thats what I had to do to make it work...

Hi8
01-05-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by cfbham
My unit is SA Phillips HR212 - ugraded to 100 hrs, tubonet, tivo web 1.9.4b4.

Tried the changing one value at a time - and reboot each time. Didn't work either.

Just to walk thru the process. I open Tivo Web, click resource editor, select bitrates, change the catv basic resolution to 2, click resource editor, click update resources, manually reboot tivo. Wait, reopen tivo web, click bitratres, catv basic resolution still is 1. Have never had any other troubles doing mods - I'm stumped.

you do have to hit ENTER which "submits" the form to the webserver -- go back a page then make another change... contiue that proceedure.. then hit UPDATE and reboot...

jalex9
01-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Edit:

D'Oh! I didn't read the initail post very well did I? Sorry

----- Dumb response below --------

Make sure you select the "Update Resources" on the main Resource Editor page that has:

Resource Groups
Constants
Bitrates
AltBitrates

Update Resources

Then reboot.