PDA

View Full Version : Noise on the top and bottom of screen!

Matt823
01-06-2003, 12:52 AM
After i extract the tv show and then mux them together whether its using TMPGEnc or whatever, i always get some noise or fuzzieness at the very top of the screen and a tiny bit on the bottom. Its not all that bad, but i was wondering if there was a way to get rid of it? Or perhaps what might be causing this. Its really bugging me. Thanks alot.

Matt

Hi8
01-06-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Matt823
After i extract the tv show and then mux them together whether its using TMPGEnc or whatever, i always get some noise or fuzzieness at the very top of the screen and a tiny bit on the bottom. Its not all that bad, but i was wondering if there was a way to get rid of it? Or perhaps what might be causing this. Its really bugging me. Thanks alot.

Matt

I've noticed it only at the top... but only when veiwing with PowerDVD - never on a burned DVD - so it never made much difference. I assume it's cropped somewhere along the way ...

Matt823
01-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Maybe i'll try and burn a show to DVD, then see if its still there. Hopefully it wont be. Thanks for the reply.

Matt

ghost_rdr
01-06-2003, 02:00 PM
I get the same thing. but it is gone when you burnt he dvd and watch on regular dvd player

Ghost

stickboy
01-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Sounds like you guys are talking about the closed captioning data. You can crop it off, or if you're going to play it on a TV, you can let the television's overscan hide it.