PDA

View Full Version : What About Nerovision?

01-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Just got a DVD burner and am waiting for turbonet.

The "regulars" here seem to like Spruce UP but the program doesn't seem to be available (although I "found" the Mastreo version) and it doesn't support current burners.
It sounds like nerovision will do chapters, titles and menus.
I guess the ty files would have to be converted first.

Has anyone tried using nerovision? Does anyone have any suggestions on locating a copy of spruce up?

artships
01-06-2003, 06:33 PM
It changes our tystream bitrate to a relatively low 4.8K, it does VBR which takes longer than CBR, and it de-interlaces, which also takes longer to encode. For those of us who complain that a DVD can't take two one-hour shows... These are the things you have to change in TMPGEnc to get it to fit. And it still won't let you edit-out adverts.

All that for $24. Is it really worth the money? You'd need to use it to see what the picture quality becomes, comparing that to Ulead DVDMovie Factory, Cyberlink PowerDirector Pro, and TMPGEnc.

To me it would come down to transcoding speed vs picture quality, and I just don't believe it can compete with TMPGEnc. Feel free to buy it and let us know!

01-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by artships
It changes our tystream bitrate to a relatively low 4.8K, it does VBR which takes longer than CBR, and it de-interlaces, which also takes longer to encode. For those of us who complain that a DVD can't take two one-hour shows... These are the things you have to change in TMPGEnc to get it to fit. And it still won't let you edit-out adverts.

Forget about the $24, doesn't sound like it would be worth wasting my time with even if it was free. I figured I'd do my research while I wait for my Turbonet. I guess it's back to the drawing board. Hoping to avoid having to avoid using so many different programs : extraction--conversion--authoring--burning all seem to be done with different programs