PDA

View Full Version : Parsing error

TomW
01-07-2003, 01:51 PM
After successfully burning 30 or 40 dvd's, I have come across a new error using Spruceup and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has some insight as to how to correct or deal with it....
When importing for the first time into spruceup, at some point ie. 75% it stops and says "Parsing Error"
This has happened on the last 2 movies that I recorded but none of the previous. I haven't changed anything. (I am using Tytools5r2 on a XP system)

captain_video
01-07-2003, 02:47 PM
I think you've got a corrupt tystream. There's something in the stream that tytool doesn't like and it chokes when it sees it. The only workaround I can see for this type of error is to not where the error occurs and do an extraction up to that point and then do another extraction with the initial jump set to begin just after the parsing error occurred. You'd end up with two sets of m2a and m2v files as a result. I've been theorizing on a method to merge separate video streams but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I may give a shot tonite and post my findings if it works.

olaf_sc
01-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Maybe you could test to split (demux) with tydemux 0.3.1 it will hadle even a very corrupt tystream.

Cheers Olaf

PS: There might be temporal reference errors although, 0.3.1 doesn't have tmp ref correction or checking.

Originally posted by captain_video
I think you've got a corrupt tystream. There's something in the stream that tytool doesn't like and it chokes when it sees it. The only workaround I can see for this type of error is to not where the error occurs and do an extraction up to that point and then do another extraction with the initial jump set to begin just after the parsing error occurred. You'd end up with two sets of m2a and m2v files as a result. I've been theorizing on a method to merge separate video streams but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I may give a shot tonite and post my findings if it works.

TomW
01-07-2003, 06:10 PM
I tried tydemux 0.3.1 after extracting in ty mode , converted the initial frame (which was 352X480???) to 720X480 15k, and tried importing into Spruceup. It immediately gave a GOP error. Thanks for your suggestions anyway....

wolkowh
01-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by TomW
I tried tydemux 0.3.1 after extracting in ty mode , converted the initial frame (which was 352X480???) to 720X480 15k, and tried importing into Spruceup. It immediately gave a GOP error. Thanks for your suggestions anyway....

Hi there, GOP Errors are usually a result of a bad file. Are you using a test card - if so, you may be getting a hashed stream.

olaf_sc
01-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Just as a note there is a bug in the init code of tydemux that can produce tmp ref errors depending on software it can report it as a different thing.

Cheers Olaf

Originally posted by wolkowh
Hi there, GOP Errors are usually a result of a bad file. Are you using a test card - if so, you may be getting a hashed stream.