PDA

View Full Version : OT....New DVR05 and lost as usual & Ifoedit

DeTer
01-07-2003, 04:10 PM
I finally broke down and purchased a Pioneer A05. The s/w they send with it is crap and for some strange reason when I try to use Nero, I cannot select my DvD drive, the only options I have are my CD burner & Image recorder. Is it posible that tohe version of Nero I have 5.5.8.3 doesn't yet support the A05? I can select DvD on it but I don't have the option of sending it to my A05.

On another note I have used Ifoedit .96b1 to create VOB & IFO's for a few shows and when I play them bak in Ifoedit the video is very choppy, is this an indication that it will be choppy on my dvd player or is it that my puter is maxed?

thx
DeTer

Well I went to ahead web site and sure enough the A05 has only been supported since Nero 5.5.8.9 so I guess I have the answer to one of my questions, now about the jerky video?

DeTer
01-07-2003, 05:34 PM
I now have my burner problems sorted out and went a head and burned the file that was giving me the choppy playback on the puter. In the DvD player no chop at all but it has the split screen thing going on, I didn't realize that that was a problem with Ifoedit, and maybe its me or my DvD player. Any one have any ideas? Captain?

thx
DeTer

Hi8
01-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by DeTer
I now have my burner problems sorted out and went a head and burned the file that was giving me the choppy playback on the puter. In the DvD player no chop at all but it has the split screen thing going on, I didn't realize that that was a problem with Ifoedit, and maybe its me or my DvD player. Any one have any ideas? Captain?

thx
DeTer

itis most likley your DVD player - many older players don't like the 480x480 res. (non-dvd-standard)

I just bought a sony715p and it plays TyDVDs perfectly, yet my older much more expensive sony s7700 won't.

Sprue-Up will produce the same problem/effect.

BubbleLamp
01-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Hi8
itis most likley your DVD player - many older players don't like the 480x480 res. (non-dvd-standard)

I just bought a sony715p and it plays TyDVDs perfectly, yet my older much more expensive sony s7700 won't.

Hi8, was your S7700 able to play 352x480 DVD's? Just curious. I have a Toshiba SD4109, and it hates everything, even some store bought DVD's. :mad:

Hi8
01-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
Hi8, was your S7700 able to play 352x480 DVD's? Just curious. I have a Toshiba SD4109, and it hates everything, even some store bought DVD's. :mad:

I don't recall, if I tried. And If I did that would have been from my SA, not my DTiVo and I always seemed to have A/V sync problems dispite everyones claims of how non-problematic SA stream conversion is. Because my S7700 is so old, I'm guessing it only was intended for STANDARD compliant dvd resolutions.

DeTer
01-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Hi8

Hi8,

Well it looks like you hit the nail on the head. I had to go to Radio shit and return something so I took my DvD -RW with me. They had a cheapo unit set up with a TV and I tried the DvD, played the way it should, no split screen. So now I have to return my DvD (for the 3rd time) and get one that works. Thanks for the help.
DeTer

BTW: It is a Toshiba SD 1800 and according to vcdhelp it was supposed to support both DvD -R/-RW

Hi8
01-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by DeTer
Hi8,

Well it looks like you hit the nail on the head. I had to go to Radio shit and return something so I took my DvD -RW with me. They had a cheapo unit set up with a TV and I tried the DvD, played the way it should, no split screen. So now I have to return my DvD (for the 3rd time) and get one that works. Thanks for the help.
DeTer

BTW: It is a Toshiba SD 1800 and according to vcdhelp it was supposed to support both DvD -R/-RW

supporting DVD-R(W) and supporting a TyDVD or something like 480x480 is a different story ...

I have a sony 715p that plays MUCHO... and I love it. However if I create some real crazy combinations, it chokes...

like trying to burn a SVCD format - 480x480 44.1khz (as a DVD not SVCD) it doesn't like it, plays the video fine, sortof.. the audio is just alittle fast... not quite chipmunks but noticable! You have to decide early what/how/compatible you want things to be. If you think you can burn and give/share discs with freinds and family you will be disapointed, unless you take the care and time to burn/transcode to TRUELY standard DVD formats.

DeTer
01-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Hi8
supporting DVD-R(W) and supporting a TyDVD or something like 480x480 is a different story ...

I have a sony 715p that plays MUCHO... and I love it. However if I create some real crazy combinations, it chokes...

like trying to burn a SVCD format - 480x480 44.1khz (as a DVD not SVCD) it doesn't like it, plays the video fine, sortof.. the audio is just alittle fast... not quite chipmunks but noticable! You have to decide early what/how/compatible you want things to be. If you think you can burn and give/share discs with freinds and family you will be disapointed, unless you take the care and time to burn/transcode to TRUELY standard DVD formats.

deleted and posted to its own thread
DeTer