PDA

View Full Version : UTV randomly goes to screen saver mode... while watching live t.v.

GodKilla
01-08-2003, 01:46 AM
My UTV is all of a sudden "acting up". While watching T.V. tonight, The Screensaver mode kept appearing.. you know the RCA flying around and the WEBTV Icon too... Anyone hear of this? I know this screensaver will appear if you have it on pause... butwhile watching LIVE t.v. is wierd. HELP ME!

P.s. it is not happening on the minute, it happens after 1 3 and 5 minutes of watching.

slamtime
01-08-2003, 10:08 AM
I had a similar problem occur this week. While watching shows the power would go out on the receiver by itself. Then when I went back to watch, there was not resume play option. Also, when I hit the play button (where it would say "live" on the screen) it wouldn't show, neither would the skip arrows or play status bar. I unplugged the unit this morning from behind the receiver for ten minutes and plugged it back in, it seems to work fine now, all the features are back. Hope this helps.

GodKilla
01-11-2003, 02:36 AM
I seemed to fix this problem. I replaced my MULTI switch and all is well now. Maybe the bad relays were tricking the UTV into thinking the sat feed was paused?? Oh, Well, Works great again (whew!) Thanks for the reply!:p

equate
03-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by GodKilla
I seemed to fix this problem. I replaced my MULTI switch and all is well now. Maybe the bad relays were tricking the UTV into thinking the sat feed was paused?? Oh, Well, Works great again (whew!) Thanks for the reply!:p

what kind of mutiswitch do you have? I am plan to purchase a multiswitch and i don't know what is good. Thanks

kodakvnf
03-26-2003, 05:14 PM
I have had lots o' problems with the Radio Shack / RCA Multiswitches which lead me down the wrong path into thinking my SAT-W60 was defective.

Got me a "Waterproof" multiswitch and have had no problems since.

I have had good luck with these folks ... gotten 2 switches from them including the one I have now.

http://www.mini-dishes.com
Good luck

alldeadhomiez
04-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by GodKilla
My UTV is all of a sudden "acting up". While watching T.V. tonight, The Screensaver mode kept appearing.. you know the RCA flying around and the WEBTV Icon too... Anyone hear of this? I know this screensaver will appear if you have it on pause... butwhile watching LIVE t.v. is wierd. HELP ME!

P.s. it is not happening on the minute, it happens after 1 3 and 5 minutes of watching.

Sorry for the reply to the old thread.

If you are tampering with your access card, stop, and see if the problem goes away. Anomalous ins46 responses are known to cause this issue.

GodKilla
04-26-2003, 02:50 PM
What do you mean by "Tampering"? Are you serious? I didnt know you could "Tamper" with a access card... :p
But.... It was the multi switch you see.... (as I posted almost 4 months ago.) :rolleyes: ;)