PDA

View Full Version : OT: Chapter Points in Maestro

archieellis
01-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Sorry for the off topic post, but this forum seems like my best bet for getting an answer to this question...

I've read in other posts that it's possible in Maestro to get frame accurate chapter points. I was hoping someone could give some more detail on how exactly to do this. I know there is a step-frame advance button in Maestro, but using this to actually go frame by frame is extraodinarily time consuming.

I'm trying to edit out commercials using the "smartripper method", but since I don't know exactly when the commercial will end, I have to step through each frame until I get to where I want to be. And then, If I happen to go past it, it's not possible to go back just a couple of frames, I have to go back a significant amount.

Am I missing someting, or is this as much of a pain as I think it is? If that's the case, I'll just use Spruce Up instead.

Thanks.

captain_video
01-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Here's a link to a Maestro tutorial that may be of some help:

http://www.fukrulez.com/content/archive/downloads/pdf/DVD%20Maestro%20Unleashed.pdf

SpruceUp only provides the ability to set chapter stops at 1-second intervals and is not frame accurate. If you want to get the cut points exact I'd stick with Maestro, although SpruceUp is extremely easy to use.